Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobParker
    • Nov 2006

Just Upgraded - Now showing 2 licenses?

I've just upgraded my VB3 owned license to the Vb4 Suite license for $130 but now in my members area it's displaying the upgraded license as a second license with a new license number and asking me to submit a new URL.

Image here:

It was my understanding that the upgrade would just alter my current license to a VB4 license but how it appears at the minute it makes it look like I'm able to run VB on 2 different domains (which is clearly wrong).

I've tried submitting this as a support ticket but the support page seems to be overloaded...

Has anyone else upgraded who's seeing the same thing?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It is a transitionary thing from the old license to the new. Your vBulletin 4 publishing suite is currently actually a sub-license of your previous one and will take precedence once a release is made to you.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RobParker
      • Nov 2006

Thanks.

If it's a sub-license, why does it ask again to "submit a url"? Surely it should take the URL of the "parent" license?

It currently looks a bit misleading and if I hadn't been reading here I'd have maybe thought I could legally install the VB4 "upgrade" on a new domain as it looks like I have 2 licenses.

Comment

• smnet
        • Oct 2005
        • 3.8.x

Why does it expire on the 17th OCT? Did you receive your software then?

I would be finding out from vBulletin if they plan to amend licensing dates once this is eventually released. In my mind it should be a year from the date you receive delivery of your order. Not a year from today when its doubtful you will not be able to receive the product or upgrade your website this side of Christmas.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by smnet

I would be finding out from vBulletin if they plan to amend licensing dates once this is eventually released. In my mind it should be a year from the date you receive delivery of your order. Not a year from today when its doubtful you will not be able to receive the product or upgrade your website this side of Christmas.
          It's not even supposed to expire at all.

I know they keep saying it's a bug, but I *really* don't trust this shoddy company any more.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Shane Greer
            • Oct 2008
            • 4.0.x

Agreed.... my 3.8.4 license expires Oct '14th 2010 and my 4.0 license which enables me to install 3.8.4 in the interim expires next October too?

And I was advised...

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support. As stated on the forums the $130 Suite purchase is not a renewal. It is the presale price for a completely new product offering. Purchasing this is optional. If you wish we can process a refund for the Suite and you can continue using your leased license until it expires. At that point you would be able to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0 Forums for $175.00 or vBulletin 4.0 Suite for $250.00. If you don't wish to upgrade the license at that time, you would need to remove the software from your server.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.
            www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• redtailboas
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Shane Greer
              Agreed.... my 3.8.4 license expires Oct '14th 2010 and my 4.0 license which enables me to install 3.8.4 in the interim expires next October too?
              I have the same thing.. expires exactly one year from my purchase. I did open a support ticket and the reply stated it is a mistake in the license update screen. The 4.0 suite license does not expire.

Originally posted by Vbulletin Support Team
              Yes, that is displayed erroneously - the suite does not actually expire.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Shane Greer

And I was advised...
                Your issue was completely different as you were asking for a refund for a previous purchase which we have declined but offered to refund the current purchase. If you disagree respond to the ticket and ask for it to be escalated. I will happily do so.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RobParker
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by smnet

That date of 17th October 2010 is a bug as their system isn't set up properly yet. VB4 has no expiration date as such. It's valid for updates/support until VB5 is released.

It seems like the "sub-license" system is also set up poorly as it just appears as two separate licenses and allows a different URL for each. I could click to download VB4 now on the "second license" and it'd redirect to download VB3.x which makes it look like I can now legally have 2 installs.

Information like in the official reply above which describes it as a "completely new product offering" is misleading as well as although the product will be new, the license is an upgrade/renewal on my existing VB3.x license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...