X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smooth-c
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

VB4 for Free?

I swear I read on the new vbulletin.com that vb4 forum would be free to current license holders? Now it says "vBulletin 4.0 Forums - $175 (Coming Soon !)"? What a rip!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by smooth-c
    I swear I read on the new vbulletin.com that vb4 forum would be free to current license holders? Now it says "vBulletin 4.0 Forums - $175 (Coming Soon !)"? What a rip!
    It *is* free to current license holders. Or will be when it comes out.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Garamond
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

... and the whining continues ... my god, where do all these people come from? It's starting to look pretty pathetic by now.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Mark.B
        It *is* free to current license holders. Or will be when it comes out.
        It's more like it's temporarily free to current license holders. Afterwards, you need to shell out close to full price to upgrade the license to a vBulletin 4 license.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• smooth-c
          • Jan 2008
          • 3.8.x

Things really aren't clear on that site - if you login with your customer details etc. - the box titled "Upgrade existing" contains a radio button, currently greyed out saying "vBulletin 4.0 Forums - $175 (Coming Soon!)"

It shouldn't be there if it's free >.<

Everything right now is such a mess, It's soo stressfull.

Originally posted by Garamond
          ... and the whining continues ... my god, where do all these people come from? It's starting to look pretty pathetic by now.
          Oh piss off. If you don't have anything constructive to say, stop trolling. I'm asking a legit question, maybe you have money flowing out of your ass but not everyone else does.

Surely if enough people are complaining about things, there are atleast some good reasons.

Comment

• smooth-c
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.8.x

Please delete this post

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Things really aren't clear on that site - if you login with your customer details etc. - the box titled "Upgrade existing" contains a radio button, currently greyed out saying "vBulletin 4.0 Forums - $175 (Coming Soon!)"

It shouldn't be there if it's free >.<

Everything right now is such a mess, It's soo stressfull.
              That's there so you can buy a new license if your existing one is about to expire.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------

Comment

• steven s
                • Jul 2004
                • 3.8.x

It still will be a free upgrade to those with a valid license.
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Ray Morgan
                  Former vBulletin General Manager
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3.7.x

If you have a current, active license, you may download vBulletin 4.0 Forum, as well as updates, as long as your current license is valid.

To receive all new feature releases and updates for the entire 4.0 series, you should upgrade to the new 4.0 license. While the current pre-sale is in effect, the best value is the upgrade to the 4.0 Publishing Suite, which is $130 through October 30.

If your license is expired, we have just rolled out changes to the shopping cart that allow you to upgrade at a discount.

Comment

• badawidollah
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
                    If you have a current, active license, you may download vBulletin 4.0 Forum, as well as updates, as long as your current license is valid.

To receive all new feature releases and updates for the entire 4.0 series, you should upgrade to the new 4.0 license. While the current pre-sale is in effect, the best value is the upgrade to the 4.0 Publishing Suite, which is $130 through October 30.

If your license is expired, we have just rolled out changes to the shopping cart that allow you to upgrade at a discount.
                    my license still active yet until 18/9/10
                    why i cant download this V4 series?
                    the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by badawidollah
                      my license still active yet until 18/9/10
                      why i cant download this V4 series?
                      Because it hasn't been released yet.

As soon as it's available, you'll be able to get it.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• terryfavors
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Free

I looked in my members area and I have a current license and it said my upgrade is FREE! to the 4.0

Comment

• tgcsniper
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 3.8.x

Oh piss off. If you don't have anything constructive to say, stop trolling. I'm asking a legit question, maybe you have money flowing out of your ass but not everyone else does.

Surely if enough people are complaining about things, there are atleast some good reasons.
                          Maybe if you read announcements then you wouldnt have to post questions and get called a whiner
                          http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• badawidollah
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                            Because it hasn't been released yet.

As soon as it's available, you'll be able to get it.

oh
                            i got wrong info before

tq
                            the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

• Blackbook
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Ray Morgan

Why have you decided to make it $175, when you clearly should of charged another $60 for the upgrade to existing customers?!
                              It's an omen...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...