X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rocknbil
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

A clarification please

Amidst all the flames about changes here, could someone clarify the statement in this post?

7) I don't want to upgrade to vBulletin 4.x. What do I need to do to continue running my vBulletin 3.X Owned License?

Nothing.
    Is Jelsoft OK with this? What are the legal implications?

We have an owned license that expired on the 11th, I came to renew as a do-gooder software owner should (although a bit late,) and to my surprise a renewal (upgrade) will cost $195 (I see mentions of $175 in posts, my renew/upgrade options say $195.)

$175, $195, whatever, it is not cost effective for us to spend this much every year on a message forum.

Please advise on options. Can we continue to run this expired version? If not, at this point it looks like export data and import to other software. I'd rather not do that, we've been with vBulletin since 2005 (I think), but with this much of a price difference, it is no longer cost effective.
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

You can continue to use the version you have for as long as you like. Outside of security updates and a few misc bug fixes, I doubt you will see new features added to 3.8 though.

Options:

- Upgrade to the vb4 forum only solution (175/190, not sure either)
    - Upgrade to the vb4 suite ($235?, you may want to check)
    - Explore Alternatives

The vb4 license gives you free updates for the vb4 series.
    vb5 is expected 12 - 18 months after vb4 is released.
    vb5 pricing will be in line with what you are seeing today for new customers.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• rocknbil
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I'd really rather just pay for using it. I've never had a problem with that. but over 3x the cost of the renewal in my original contract, well . . . that changes things. I think J.S. is shooting themselves in the foot here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...