Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Endlesskiss
    • Dec 2008

vB4 suite license expiration

Well... when vB5 comes out... vB4 suite licenses expires automatically?

and... are you going to make the release time of vB5 shorter than vB4 release?

Thanks from advance and sorry if those questions have answered already... I couldn't find them...
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Endlesskiss
    Well... when vB5 comes out... vB4 suite licenses expires automatically?
    No. Your vB4 license will continue to be valid for all releases in the 4.x series. You won't HAVE to upgrade to 5.x. But you won't be able to download 5.x without a new license.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

When you have version 4, forum or suite, it will grant you permission to run an instance indefinitely. Your active license is valid until version 5 comes out. You will be able to download the updates/upgrades/security patches, and get support, while it is active.

You can keep running it when version 5 is out, but it will be expired (to my understanding) and therefor not eligible for support/updates/patches/etc. An upgrade to the new license (version 5) will be needed.

Forum support will be free for both license types.
      Ticket support will be free as long as the 'publishing suite' license is active.
      Ticket support will be free for 30 days for the 'forum classic' license.

I hope that sums it up for you.

The above situations is as I understand them based on the information made available to me on this forum.

Comment

• thbertram
        • Sep 2006
        • 3.8.x

According to what I've read, even after vB5 is released, you will get all of the updates, upgrades, and security patches that are applicable to vB4 until vB4 end-of-life, which would appear to be when vB6 is released...

Am I correctly understanding and/or extrapolating what you've posted elsewhere, Wayne?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Floris
          You can keep running it when version 5 is out, but it will be expired (to my understanding) and therefor not eligible for support/updates/patches/etc. An upgrade to the new license (version 5) will be needed.
          Patches and updates will be released according to the support schedule we have been following for the past few years and is posted in the Licensed Customer Feedback forum. Support for the 4.X series will continue until it reaches end of life according the schedule.

Forum support will be free for both license types.
          Ticket support will be free as long as the 'publishing suite' license is active.
          Ticket support will be free for 30 days for the 'forum classic' license.
          Correct. Additionally Forum only customers can purchase additional Ticket support. All customers can purchase Phone Support.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tommykjensen
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Floris
            When you have version 4, forum or suite, it will grant you permission to run an instance indefinitely. Your active license is valid until version 5 comes out. You will be able to download the updates/upgrades/security patches, and get support, while it is active.
            Then I am curious as to why the members area says that the vb 4 license expires 1 year from purchase date ?
            Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tommykjensen
              Then I am curious as to why the members area says that the vb 4 license expires 1 year from purchase date ?
              Because it is an artifact of the transition period from the previous license to the new license structure and product offerings. It will not have any affect on your abilities to download, upgrade or get support for the product.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tommykjensen
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Because it is an artifact of the transition period from the previous license to the new license structure and product offerings. It will not have any affect on your abilities to download, upgrade or get support for the product.
                Ok thanks
                Best Regards Tommy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...