• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • martync
    • May 2002
    • 3.5.x

To VB4 or not to VB4

I'm confused here on two accounts.

If I wish to use VB3x after my licence expires I have to upgrade to a VB4 licence even if I do not want VB4, is this correct?

You are now bundling CMS and Blogs for an added fee which were created by others for free over at .org, is this correct?
  • crichighlights
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

No, nothing was created free, this are developed from scratch.

Comment

• martync
      • May 2002
      • 3.5.x

But I can get them for free over at .org for VB3x if I wanted them.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by martync

If I wish to use VB3x after my licence expires I have to upgrade to a VB4 licence even if I do not want VB4, is this correct?
        My understanding is nope, so, assuming you have an owned license you can run your vb3 series for your lifetime, but, there won't be any more upgrades or patches to it.

If you have a leased license then you will have to remove the software at your renewal date or upgrade to VB4 (well actually Vb3 cause VB4 aint available yet)
        https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• ra87
          • Oct 2009

You are now bundling CMS and Blogs for an added fee which were created by others for free over at .org, is this correct?
          1) If you have a leased license - YES, if you have an owned license - NO
          2) No, the CMS/Blogs were created by the vBulletin team, and used to cost $60 each.

Comment

• GHOwner
            • Jun 2007
            • 3.8.x

But I can get them for free over at .org for VB3x if I wanted them.
            No you can't, those are not vBulletin products but 3rd party alternatives, if so.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...