Wow - I'm excited about 4.0! A few questions...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by PcosKat
    - "Article Based CMS Publishing"... Currently, I've been posting 'articles' in a dedicated forum on my existing vBulletin. Once I upgrade to the new 4.0, can those posts be easily 'moved' into articles in the CMS, or will they have to be re-entered manually?
    You can promote those articles to the CMS with the click of a button and some editing of categories and tags.
    - GOOGLE ADSENSE integration:
    How flexible are the locations are available for integration? (ie after first and last post? In right column next to forum? Within CMS article text?)
    The system as the current ad_location templates as well as new ones specific to the CMS and Blog. There is also an Ad Manager in the Admin CP that allows you to click on an ad location, set conditions to show it (usergroup, forum, style, etc...) and paste in your advertising code. It isn't limited to Google Adsense.
    - WIDGETS:
    I see there's an article widget. How customizable is the display? Can the widget be set to display articles randomly(on page re-load), or will it only be chronologically? Can the display be set to include thumbnails of any images?
    Widgets are as simple as configure their properties and drag them to where you want them to show.
    - "Blog" - will it be possible to 'import' blog posts from another blog via rss? For instance, I have members that currently post to their own outside blog, and might not want to have to RE-post manually to their blog at my vb Site. can blogs be set it import?
    Not at this time. However after vBulletin 4.0 is released, we'll be in a position to release updates quicker.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ðanisty
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CallieJo
      Those that pre-ordered should be included in the beta at the very least since they will be the ones using it, IMHO. Especially since having a short time span to save money with this pre-sales going on.
      That would be awesome.

Comment

• PcosKat
        • May 2002
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Widgets are as simple as configure their properties and drag them to where you want them to show.
        Can you confirm that the content within the widget can be set to a) contain a thumbnail image if one exists in the post/article and b) to display content randomly on page load.

thanks.

Comment

• CallieJo
          • Dec 2004
          • 4.0.x

You can promote those articles to the CMS with the click of a button and some editing of categories and tags.
          Thanks Wayne for some answers. Can you tell us if this "promote" is a copy (leaving the original in place) or an actual move of the thread? Thanks.

An actual move would be the wisest.

Originally posted by Ðanisty
          That would be awesome.
          It would be fair IMHO
          Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

Comment

• chewbacca
            • Sep 2004

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. A when? When? When? Will be a question echoing around here for months.
            Ray said Q4 2009 in another thread.

I forked over my money and now wonder if it was wise (Yes, now having second thoughts after reading everyone else's concerns in here...I'm now very nervous!). Without a money back guarantee, I'm going to be screwed if I don't like the suite and have to purchase something else in the long run. I had to purchase now without a demo in order to save money in the long run. I can afford it, but that doesn't mean I want to throw money away if that's the end result.
            Yeah, I was about to, but now I'm waiting until up to 30 Oct if I have to. When the demo is up and I like what I see, I'll pay.

Those that pre-ordered should be included in the beta at the very least since they will be the ones using it, IMHO. Especially since having a short time span to save money with this pre-sales going on.
            AND that would mean I can start converting the templates, etc. and porting hacks over to the new system. There'll probably be loads more work with each 4.x "upgrade", too, but I guess that's part of the growing pains.

Comment

• jtech77
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by woffie
              I would not use the adsense integration offered by Jelsoft. They take part of your money! That is all I can answer from your questions.

No way are you serious!?!? Whats a better alternative I've been using this..

Comment

• jtech77
                • Aug 2009

No we don't and we never have. Even if we tried to do so, you could disassociate your account from within your Google Adsense control panel which we have no control over.

Ok thanks.

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

That would be incredibly unfair on those who are trying to attain the large sums of money (suite x 4 or even 5) to pay up.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...