• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anth
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.6.x

Paying for license as Co-Admin?

Hi guys,

I'm a co-admin on our site and our vBulletin license is registered to one of my colleagues. If I wanted to upgrade the license (to vB4 Suite once the new discount is set up) would any payment have to be made by my colleague or could I do it myself? (I don't know the original payment information.)

Thanks in advance,

Anth.
    When in doubt, give it a clout :D
  • Anth
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.6.x

I'm not normally one for bumping threads but does anyone know?

Comment

• CakeOrDeath
      • Oct 2008

I believe you need to use the original account the purchase was made against so that you can access the members area using the key and password they would have received upon purchasing.

Comment

• Anth
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for that, CakeOrDeath (brilliant username, BTW ). I should have mentioned that I have the members area info, its the original purchase details I don't have.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
          • Apr 2008

I see no reason for it to fail, you have the correct details and providing you don't switch the domain you should be ok.
          Note, i don't know for sure, but, i'd be surprised if it didn't work
          https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• rossco_2005
            • Apr 2005
            • 4.1.x

You can pay for the upgrade.
            I've done it before and I'm not the main account holder (same situation as you).

http://filesharingtalk.com

Comment

• Anth
              • Sep 2005
              • 3.6.x

Thanks rossco

Has anyone else done this? (I'm not doubting you, rossco, I just like to be certain before spending cash that could otherwise go on alcohol or Xbox games )

Comment

• thbertram
                • Sep 2006
                • 3.8.x

Hey, Anth... I went through a similar thing a while back, but was replacing my info for another. Seems to me that all I had to do (first) was log into the member's area and make sure I was on the list as an admin.

But, in fact, if you have the member info, why would they care who's footing the bill? The only thing they want is your money, not your first-born

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...