Turns out, I was wrong.. It wasn't just the email they lied in....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LegolasTheElf
    Banned
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.8.x

Turns out, I was wrong.. It wasn't just the email they lied in....

They also pushed the same thing to my AdminCP!
    As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.
    If THAT's not clear enough that I should have gotten the lower price, I don't know what is! It's in my control panel. They know my license number. They know when my support expired. But, my **LICENSE** is active as I bought a lifetime OWNED license.

When I go to upgrade, I'm told it's $250 ($15 MORE than a **NEW** customer!) even though they have told me in TWO separate places that I'm a "preferred" customer and that I should be paying $130 for the suite.

How many places do they have to LIE about the price before people get REALLY upset?
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Can you fail anymore?

Please try again.
    To be updated...

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
      Banned
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.8.x

They just posted the "new prices".. Still not good enough.. Should be $130 for everyone. Expired or not. It's a separate product, right?

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

You're not getting anywhere with this, get an attorney or cut your losses. If you don't get a legal response to your support ticket.

Comment

• tgcsniper
          • Dec 2008
          • 3.8.x

What! You again?

Who lets you post on here...
          http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
            Banned
            • Jun 2007
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF
            Can you fail anymore?

Please try again.
            Fail what? Being told the price is $130 in multiple places only to be told to hand over $190 (new price) on checkout?

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
              Banned
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
              You're not getting anywhere with this, get an attorney or cut your losses. If you don't get a legal response to your support ticket.
              I submitted a support ticket yesterday. I haven't heard back from it.

Comment

• nexialys
                • May 2004
                • 1.1.x

people can't understand how he feels, that's why he continue posting...

i'm all with you LTE... i feel abandonned, left in the dark, leeched, ...

hey, i lost at the daily lotery... i want my money back
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• ENF
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
                  Fail what? Being told the price is $130 in multiple places only to be told to hand over $190 (new price) on checkout?
                  /sigh... they can lock this thread... or even delete it. Nobody is going to care. I'll even do a screen capture for a keepsake.

You need to focus your energy on something more productive, seriously.
                  To be updated...

Comment

• crichighlights
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

nothing new. They charging more from loyal customer. They sent out email to everyone (whether active or inactive) and told us that they are getting discounts. But in actual they are charging more from you then any one newbie. It would be better for you to take one more license then upgrading it.

Comment

• ENF
                      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by crichighlights
                      nothing new. They charging more from loyal customer. They sent out email to everyone (whether active or inactive) and told us that they are getting discounts. But in actual they are charging more from you then any one newbie. It would be better for you to take one more license then upgrading it.
                      Your statement is now in fact, false. Read the latest news. (Well, if you are further than 24 months out... you're screwed. But even then, I wouldn't call you a customer with that amount of time lapsed between a purchase.)
                      To be updated...

Comment

• R1lover
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
                        What! You again?

Who lets you post on here...
                        lmao He said he was done with this forum when he was no longer a mod... yet he is still here.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                        www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• R1lover
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nexialys
                          people can't understand how he feels, that's why he continue posting...

i'm all with you LTE... i feel abandonned, left in the dark, leeched, ...

hey, i lost at the daily lotery... i want my money back
                          but tomorrow you will be kissing arse like normal again lmao
                          www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• Grover
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
                            They also pushed the same thing to my AdminCP!

If THAT's not clear enough that I should have gotten the lower price, I don't know what is! It's in my control panel. They know my license number. They know when my support expired. But, my **LICENSE** is active as I bought a lifetime OWNED license.

When I go to upgrade, I'm told it's $250 ($15 MORE than a **NEW** customer!) even though they have told me in TWO separate places that I'm a "preferred" customer and that I should be paying $130 for the suite.

How many places do they have to LIE about the price before people get REALLY upset?
                            Yes, this whole operation (it's more like a circus now) has been executed so very poorly and unprofessional, that I lost my trust in this company. I am now in conversation with (a very big) potential client who is seriously re-thinking their interest in vBulletin as their future platform. Thank you very much, IB.

Sorry if I still sound very upset in a non-rational way to some people, but I can't hide how I as a customer since 2001 feel about all this. I always had the very best of interest in this product, in the company (the developers) behind it and us as customers. So sad to see soooo many customers angry on a scale of these proportions.
                            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by R1lover
                              lmao He said he was done with this forum when he was no longer a mod... yet he is still here.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                              Me?

If so,

Because as a customer I also have questions, and as a community we can find answers and understand what IB/vBS means with the data they provided us.

Once I understand the situation, have my questions answered, and know what I can do before 30th October, I am crawling back under my rock.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...