X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

New Offer: Expired License People

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
    Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.

Not bad...

EDIT: Next complaints will be the deadline and probably the cost. We'll see...
    To be updated...
  • crichighlights
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Atleast they leason us. Not bad. Though I am not in this category, I have allready purchase two new one.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Seriously.

If you are PAYING for something it is only FAIR to ask pre-sales questions.

A sales question is NOT a complaint. Don't tag it as such.

It's a valid question to go : You offer me a discount, but what's the roadmap for estimated release?

At this point there's not a roadmap, nor confirmation it will be this year.

Why pay for something with potentially an internal release date of 2019?

Just because people ask valid questions doesn't mean they are venting, ranting, flaming, trolling, provoking or otherwise. They're asking valid and to be honest, fair, pre-sales questions. Because they are offered a discount up front. Duh.

Comment

• turbe
        • Sep 2000

wow, glad I waited..

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
          Banned
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.8.x

My issue is that I don't have an expired *license*. I have an expired *support contract*. My license is valid forever. That means it's an "active" license. To play these word games is really, really scummy... Either the license is valid and active (i.e. owned) or it's not (i.e. leased).

Treat everyone the same. $130 for everyone with a valid license. It's really the only way IB will get some of the dirt of their face.

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
            My issue is that I don't have an expired *license*. I have an expired *support contract*. My license is valid forever. That means it's an "active" license. To play these word games is really, really scummy... Either the license is valid and active (i.e. owned) or it's not (i.e. leased).

Treat everyone the same. $130 for everyone with a valid license. It's really the only way IB will get some of the dirt of their face.
            Everyone who knows what they are talking about knows the difference between the terms. You are grasping at straws over terminology.

Your OWNED LICENSE is INACTIVE. Mine however, are ACTIVE. There is nothing scummy about it. It's been this way for a very long time.
            To be updated...

Comment

• tgcsniper
              • Dec 2008
              • 3.8.x

vBulletin has the right to change its terms at any time without notice... get over it...
              http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

That's correct, you have a license that lets you run the versions available to you forever. And once that license has expired you won't have access to upgrades, in the OLD and NEW situation.

The EULA changed, so when you want updates again you have to follow that EULA, if you decline, you simply don't "renew" or "upgrade" and therefor stick with expired license, still with permission to run it forever.

Comment

• The Notorious
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 3.5.x

What if you just want the forum and not the suite?

Comment

• nexialys
                    • May 2004
                    • 1.1.x

the fun fact is that people liked the old license*(renewable on need), they like the new one *(no more yearly fee), but as they are stuck in-between both, they don't like any...

pay your fees or leave is the only solution, no matter the price, even if it is only 10$ you will see some guys complaining about the new rules anyway...

as Floris say, the biggest problem is the roadmap and the delivery which was postponed for months even with no real need or result... from the observer..

Originally posted by The Notorious
                    What if you just want the forum and not the suite?
                    you pay for the renewal if needed, for the forum version, not the suite... this is logical, i don't see why you ask, the purchase page is very clear about it.
                    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• The Notorious
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 3.5.x

nah I mean the announcement only mentions vB 4.0 Publishing Suite and nothing for the forum alone...

Comment

• nexialys
                        • May 2004
                        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by The Notorious
                        nah I mean the announcement only mentions vB 4.0 Publishing Suite and nothing for the forum alone...
                        hum, that detail... oups, sorry for the insult...
                        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• The Notorious
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 3.5.x

no worries, it's not hard to get confused with the rate things are changing here recently.

Comment

• alpha
                            • May 2001

Hey guys, I got an email from Microsoft. They said in order for me to upgrade to Windows 7, I can purchase the lower price upgrade by October 21st. If I wait until Windows 7 is officially released on October 22nd, I have to pay for another full license.

Of course, the above is funny because it's a joke and even Microsoft is smart enough to understand what makes logical sense. Honestly, who in their right mind would continue to purchase a new license every time a new version came out?

In other news, I stopped by my car dealership to get a new set of tires. They said since I didn't get them until after the warranty expired, I would have to buy a new car. Haha, how funny would that be if it were true?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone especially the vBulletin staff. Talk about tarnishing a great brand.

Comment

• ENF
                              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by alpha
                              Honestly, who in their right mind would continue to purchase a new license every time a new version came out?
                              Are you an idiot? Most every single major software mfg. (consumer or not) requires you to purchase new licenses for a new version. In most cases, if you have an active license agreement, you can usually upgrade. In other cases, you have to buy a new license when that new version is released.

And everyone here, that's been around since the early days has upgraded from Verison 1 to Version 2 and then to Version 3 with a, wait for it..... a NEW LICENSE.
                              To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...