Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Offer: Expired License People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    As far as I can see, it hasn't been updated yet, 250$ is still the only option I am given. But even if it were updated to 190$, it would still be 60$ more than is being advertised ("Upgrade to 4.0 Publishing Suite, get $120 off").
    But well, at least they put a heart logo next to it, that's certainly as good as money, right?
    MovieGod.de - Wer mit Popcorn schmeißt, fliegt raus.

    Comment


    • #32
      I agree with alfa, he explained the licensing problem very well.

      ENF, maybe it's better if you have to change job :P

      Comment


      • #33
        This helps some - but they have ignored the issues for people with blogs and the timescale.

        ignoring a problem, does not make it go away

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Hammon View Post
          I agree with alfa, he explained the licensing problem very well.

          ENF, maybe it's better if you have to change job :P
          There's nothing wrong with my job.

          Every company has different licensing policies, that's just a fact. Comparing won't get you very far if each company uses a different license (aka revenue) model.
          To be updated...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Flexo View Post
            As far as I can see, it hasn't been updated yet, 250$ is still the only option I am given. But even if it were updated to 190$, it would still be 60$ more than is being advertised ("Upgrade to 4.0 Publishing Suite, get $120 off").
            But well, at least they put a heart logo next to it, that's certainly as good as money, right?
            The new expired license discount offers will be updated on vbulletin.com site in next day or so. Once it's live on the web site, all eligible users will receive an email notifying them that it's live and available for purchase. You'd need to log in via http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php to get the discounted price once it's live.

            Ian, all issues are being passed to the higher ups especially if you follow the advice to submit a support ticket for your concerns. Until there's word from them probably need to wait.
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ENF View Post
              Are you an idiot? Most every single major software mfg. (consumer or not) requires you to purchase new licenses for a new version. In most cases, if you have an active license agreement, you can usually upgrade. In other cases, you have to buy a new license when that new version is released.

              And everyone here, that's been around since the early days has upgraded from Verison 1 to Version 2 and then to Version 3 with a, wait for it..... a NEW LICENSE.
              Is that true ? I dont remember buying new licenses while upgrading my forums.
              StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
              Join Tattoo Group Now

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ENF View Post
                Every company has different licensing policies, that's just a fact. Comparing won't get you very far if each company uses a different license (aka revenue) model.
                Yes, I agree that every company has a right to change their licensing policies (and not surprisingly after being bought out) but it does not mean we, as customers of the legacy Jelsoft, have to agree to it blindly. I'm in no way saying that vBulletin had no right to change their license. It is just confounding to me how the new licensing scheme looks like it was stitched together at the last minute and they are still trying to stitch together more conditionals to "fix" it.

                It would be different had vBulletin been the one and only software that can do what it can do; however, vBulletin has competitors that (so far) does not strong-arm its legacy customers. In fact, I've read in the competitor's forum that they might consider having a "conversion" sale presumably because they realize vBulletin's new licensing scheme does not make much sense in their industry. If I was part of the marketing team for the competition, I would have a field day with this.

                Every public company should be balancing the triangle of customers, shareholders, and employees. It is very obvious that the balance has strongly shifted away from the customers to (try to) benefit the shareholders and the employees with their bottom line. Every smart public company, on the other hand, will get their customers' feedback and make the necessary changes. The ball is in their court.

                Originally posted by sensimilla View Post
                Is that true ? I dont remember buying new licenses while upgrading my forums.
                Technically, it can be true because you can be asked to read and agree to a new EULA in the 'upgrade' process. My example of the OS upgrades is slightly different but still an applicable example because there is a distinct difference between the cost of upgrading an existing license versus the cost of a full retail license.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Flexo View Post
                  As far as I can see, it hasn't been updated yet, 250$ is still the only option I am given. But even if it were updated to 190$, it would still be 60$ more than is being advertised ("Upgrade to 4.0 Publishing Suite, get $120 off").
                  But well, at least they put a heart logo next to it, that's certainly as good as money, right?
                  But you would have had to spend $30 before maintenance expired, $40 within 60 days of expire or $60 after 60 days of expired.

                  So, for those like me that expired earlier this year, it's the same upgrade price ($130 + $60 renewal = $190 Suite upgrade). I could of saved $30 if I renewed before then end of expire (small penalty to pay).

                  Now, for $235 vs $190, you can simply buy a 2nd 'NEW' License for $235 and have 2 complete vB Licenses (1 for up to v3.8 and 1 for v4.0 Suite). The $45 may be a better deal for some (there may be use for a 2nd License).

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I have two licenses, one active & inactive. They fixed the bug for the active license upgrade, but it looks like they still haven't fixed the bug for the inactive ugrade option yet. I still cannot upgrade my inactive license. And yes, is good to see that they are listening to us.
                    Last edited by mk484; Thu 15th Oct '09, 1:13pm. Reason: typo

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by The Notorious View Post
                      What if you just want the forum and not the suite?
                      I'm sorry if I have overlooked the answer to this somewhere, but I'm wondering the same thing?

                      I have an inactive owned licence (expired in April this year - 6 months ago) and only want to purchase 4.0 forums, not the suite version.

                      There's nothing in the new deal offer which addresses any new discounts for the forums upgrade alone. So is one to assume there is no changes with this?

                      Thanks in advance

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by eva2000 View Post
                        The new expired license discount offers will be updated on vbulletin.com site in next day or so. Once it's live on the web site, all eligible users will receive an email notifying them that it's live and available for purchase. You'd need to log in via http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php to get the discounted price once it's live.

                        Ian, all issues are being passed to the higher ups especially if you follow the advice to submit a support ticket for your concerns. Until there's word from them probably need to wait.
                        Is this active yet?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I'm glad all our complaints are being heard. If we had shut up and sat down like the fan boys wanted then there would be no discount now. This is a step in the right direction for those wanting a suite. I, however, don't want a suite, I want a forum only license. Can we get that option up along with the new suite discount? And surely a discount on that for existing customers expired or not? I don't expect to pay a new customer price as I am not a new customer regardless of my license status.

                          The explanation of why this is such a rush sale with buggy shopping carts and no demo and why blog owners don't get a discount would also help a lot to solve this PR nightmare.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by GamerGirl27 View Post
                            I'm sorry if I have overlooked the answer to this somewhere, but I'm wondering the same thing?

                            I have an inactive owned licence (expired in April this year - 6 months ago) and only want to purchase 4.0 forums, not the suite version.

                            There's nothing in the new deal offer which addresses any new discounts for the forums upgrade alone. So is one to assume there is no changes with this?

                            Thanks in advance
                            Anyone???

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sure, there are answers all over the place.
                              However, its up to you to congeal it all and IB hopefully prays that you can't figure it out and you will just say the hell with it and and give them the damn money and hope for the best. Welcome to the new owners, shut up and cough up the damn freaking money. Ah....any other questions? If not I was more than happy to be of help.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I just upgraded and it says it expires in a year... ??? Thought that went away?!

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X