Would it have been too much to ask for???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SloppyGoat
    • Feb 2002

Originally posted by tgcsniper
    This would actually shut everyone up. At least for 5 minutes, before they find something new to whinge about.
    I'm not whining...just trying to establish what's actually going to happen from what everyone seems to think is happening. I know vBulletin isn't going to abandon all of their clientele. They know we all must pay the support fee eventually, even if late, or we can't continue doing business, since downloading new versions depend on it. I think the biggest misunderstanding is in calling this support fee an inactive license. It's not. It's an inactive support fee.
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Comment

• tgcsniper
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SloppyGoat
      I'm not whining...just trying to establish what's actually going to happen from what everyone seems to think is happening. I know vBulletin isn't going to abandon all of their clientele. They know we all must pay the support fee eventually, even if late, or we can't continue doing business, since downloading new versions depend on it. I think the biggest misunderstanding is in calling this support fee an inactive license. It's not. It's an inactive support fee.
      True, i know your not.

All this happened when vB3 was release, and what happened? Everyone just shut up and upgraded after a few weeks...
      http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• wildweb
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.6.x

It better be sooner rather than later and be much more business savvy than that last joke. Many of us multiple owned license holders and long time vB customers are outta here if not. Don't believe me...take a look at the IPB forums......just left there myself and even though I just renewed two owned VB licenses....I'll gladly fork over the IPB price and convert very soon rather than be treated like an idiot and expect to pay for vaporware that your fool leader Ray thinks we will all so gladly do.

And from one Santa Monica/LA neighbor to another...Ray M, you can kiss my ass!

Comment

• AVC
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.5.x

The Titanic is sinking folks, without a word from the CEO of IB, now that is sad for sure !!!

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

Bingo.

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
            Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
            I almost called it. Two plans for 12 months and 12+ months. Now, people will complain about the 10/30 deadline.
            To be updated...

Comment

• ENF
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by AVC
              The Titanic is sinking folks, without a word from the CEO of IB, now that is sad for sure !!!
              Why does a CEO need to chime in?

Only your Titanic is sinking!
              To be updated...

Comment

• AVC
                Banned
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

I'm not interested in the vB publishing package.

The only thing I want to see is the forum software offer and licensing terms for multiple license owners, expired or valid.

Comment

• ricerice
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  We're working on a solution for people with inactive licenses. However the new shopping cart doesn't allow for renewals of any kind so we cannot just implement that.
                  thank you wayne luke. i have an expired license and unexpired blog. i would love to have a savings for the suite. thanks for the consideration.

Comment

• tgcsniper
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF

Head first by the sounds of things. I wonder if she has split yet
                    http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• AVC
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ENF

As I mentioned.

Do you really think you know what you are talking about ?

Comment

• ENF
                        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by AVC
                        As I mentioned.

Do you really think you know what you are talking about ?
                        Why yes, Yes I do.

And you?
                        To be updated...

Comment

• SloppyGoat
                          • Feb 2002

Nobody who owns a lifetime license has to renew it. We simply need to be allowed to pay the support fee to download the new version. The terminology is what's wrong here. I don't have an inactive license. How can I, if it's a lifetime license? I just need to pay the support fee again. I would recommend changing the terminology to avoid further confusion, unless that's part of the marketing strategy?
                          The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

Comment

• nexialys
                            • May 2004
                            • 1.1.x

you are right about the terms... obsolete terminology...
                            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by SillyAlien
                              For an operation as large and well established as vbulletin, why even launch an order page (shopping cart, as you called it) without ability for customers to renew?
                              We don't have a renewal product anymore so we didn't code for it. Previous licenses cannot be renewed once they expire. They can be converted to the new license if the customer wishes to upgrade.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                                We don't have a renewal product anymore so we didn't code for it. Previous licenses cannot be renewed once they expire. They can be converted to the new license if the customer wishes to upgrade.
                                Changing the terms of our license, with no warning is NOT an appropriate way to conduct business.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...