Conversion from Wordpress to the vBsuite?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maipoman
    • Sep 2004

Conversion from Wordpress to the vBsuite?

I already run a Wordpress CMS with my Vb-board. Sure, it would be great to have both applications on the same platform, but I need to know if there will be a way to import my Wordpress articles into the new system? I have thousands of articles written in WP that I don't want to lose.

This would be really important to know, before I even concider a pre-order of the suite.
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

it was said that we would see some Import scripts in the near future, and as there is already an ImpEx for Wordpress to be imported in the Blog system, i suppose something similar could be possible for the CMS!
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• maipoman
      • Sep 2004

Thanks for the quick reply. But just to be clear, was it someone here from the vB-team that said we would see import scripts, or was it just something that somone assumed? I don't mean to be a pain about this, it's just that I hate to go ahead and pre-order the suite and then come to find out it won't be possible to import my WP-posts. I can just picture myself sitting here and having to post every article one-by-one and going nuts about it... probably during christmas too, LOL.

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

i never refer to outside sources...

btw, wait for an official answer or announcement about the Import script, because even if they say it comes, you never know when until it is arrived
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• maipoman
          • Sep 2004

True, thanks. Guess I'll have to check back on oct. 30 and see if there's any official news about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...