X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Greer
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.0.x

So I take it there is no chance of refunding the $100 then.
    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
      Wayne.. His license expired Oct 13. He could have bought the suite upgrade for $130 on the 13th. No? That would have meant it was 1) valid, 2) available for upgrading.

I received my email on the 13th. Well before 11:57pm. I'm sure he did too. By your own admission, he upgraded on the 13th. Which was the day it expired. Refund his money Wayne.
      I don't argue that fact. But he didn't renew his leased license yesterday. He renewed it before yesterday.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
        Banned
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        I don't argue that fact. But he didn't renew his leased license yesterday. He renewed it before yesterday.
        But, to keep his $100 for 2-days of "use" before he upgraded is a tad, oh what's the word.. Scummy and scammy. And, frankly, his $100 **NEVER** created a license. It was superseded by the upgrade before he even used that leased license.

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
          Banned
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Shane Greer
          So I take it there is no chance of refunding the $100 then.
          Honestly, I'm pretty sure Wayne and IB/vB will not be doing the right thing. Small claims court takes a dim view of this type of shenanigans. They'll be pretty easy to sue as they're in CA, but do business everywhere. Sue them somewhere convenient to you

Comment

• tgcsniper
            • Dec 2008
            • 3.8.x

So, is there now a limit to the number of threads I can reply to?
            Did i say that? No. So dont assume it.

Originally posted by LegolasTheEld
            I believe it was you, not I who got chastised for name calling;
            I said "great... another s*it stirrer" - wasnt directed at anyone, i didnt mention any names... therefore it cant be namecalling if it wasnt directly directed as someone. Work that one out.

if you think we're 'whining' then show us why we're wrong.
            I like how you said "we're". Just look at your post, and the hundreds of other threads containing posts like yours. Stop contaminating the well.

As I see it, a contract was broken. Emails sent that lied about the price. When I called IB/Jelsoft, I'm told "Too bad, so sad".
            Go see your lawyer then, and stop bragging about it on here. Time wasted here could be time spent on telling your useless story to a useless solicitor. Different countries have different stances on contract law, but ill assume you didnt know that. But if your from the US, you will think the US rules every country in terms of law. Fortunatly, that isnt the case. They made an error in their email, badly worded, probably rushed. English Law isnt very ambiguous when it comes to contract law.

I'm amazed by how many people are taking it and giving IB more money!!! STOP IT! Sheesh.. They're not going to change their prices if people are throwing money at them...
            Proves my point more people are happy than p*ssed off eh. You think your going to make a difference? Just your voice and a few others? A great example would be like standing outside parliamentry buildings with 3 other guys with banners saying "no to tax". Because out of how many customers IB has, everyone that is p*ssed off counts as 3% probably... so how does it feel to be part of the 3%???
            http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• Shane Greer
              • Oct 2008
              • 4.0.x

Actually I got the email at 2311hrs yesterday giving me less than an hour to upgrade.

Im not going to sue... hell Im not even going to complain. If thats their decision then sure as hell nothing I say wont change their mind... I was relying on their sense of decency to prevail but hey ho by attempting to be a good customer I have shot myself in the foot to the tune of $100.

I'll just have to put it down to experience and bear it in mind for next time.
              www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• nikki712
                • Sep 2006
                • 4.1.x

My site license (leased) expired on Oct 14th. Today. I paid for the new license in advance a couple of days ago. Now Im being asked to pay again to upgrade to VB4.0 for $130.

If I had of waited to today to pay my license it would still technically be in date and I would have saved myself the money from the first renewal which I paid in advance.

Is there anybody that can help me as I feel it is unfair to pay 2 renewals/upgrades within the space of 3 or 4 days!?
                Join the club. I did the same thing on 10/8/09. Then turned around today and paid $130 today for the upgrade (so $230 total, which is $5 less than a new license for vb4 suite would cost). What a deal!!!!

Comment

• nikki712
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Maybe if we had all known about this in advance, we wouldn't be in this position. That's one of my main complaints. Why not give us more notice? Especially those of us renewing so close to this vb4 upgrade thing? That's just wrong. On many levels.

I have an owned expired license that was due on 10/8/09 that lapsed, and is now useless (forum and blog).

Comment

• Shane Greer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 4.0.x

You got 2 months... I got less than a week for $100.
                    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• ENF
                      • Apr 2002

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Wayne and IB/vB will not be doing the right thing. Small claims court takes a dim view of this type of shenanigans. They'll be pretty easy to sue as they're in CA, but do business everywhere. Sue them somewhere convenient to you
                      Your posts are becoming irrelevant. Come up with some new material that matters. Mr. Greer has stated what he's going to do and this where you need to exit. All I have gotten from your posts is wasted clicks.
                      To be updated...

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
                        Different countries have different stances on contract law, but ill assume you didnt know that. But if your from the US, you will think the US rules every country in terms of law. Fortunatly, that isnt the case. They made an error in their email, badly worded, probably rushed. English Law isnt very ambiguous when it comes to contract law.
                        1) I'm in California. They're in California. California law prevails. That's that stupid US law you mentioned.
                        2) I went to law school. They offered me a price to bait me in, then switched it when I went to buy. In my books that fraud and deceptive business practice. If it was truly a mistake, why haven't they sent another email to let me know that, "Oops! We ****ed up!" That hasn't happened.

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 3.8.x

You got 2 months... I got less than a week for $100.
                          Actually, you didn't get anything. You bought your new license before the previous one expired. The $100 you spent to renew the leased license was NEVER used....

Comment

• ENF
                            • Apr 2002

1) I'm in California. They're in California. California law prevails. That's that stupid US law you mentioned.
                            2) I went to law school. They offered me a price to bait me in, then switched it when I went to buy. In my books that fraud and deceptive business practice. If it was truly a mistake, why haven't they sent another email to let me know that, "Oops! We ****ed up!" That hasn't happened.
                            You need to get your money back.
                            To be updated...

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF
                              You need to get your money back.
                              Would be nice actually.....

Comment

• tgcsniper
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF
                                Your posts are becoming irrelevant. Come up with some new material that matters. Mr. Greer has stated what he's going to do and this where you need to exit. All I have gotten from your posts is wasted clicks.
                                Exactly.

2) I went to law school.
                                1) Your point is? Most courts let businesses off...
                                2) Congratulations. I though you hadnt graduated.
                                3) Hire yourself a lawyer, waste some more money on your useless lawyer or get reading your useless text books.

They offered me a price to bait me in, then switched it when I went to buy. In my books that fraud and deceptive business practice. If it was truly a mistake, why haven't they sent another email to let me know that, "Oops! We ****ed up!" That hasn't happened.
                                That isnt fraud, its false advertising... which is f*ck all to do with fraud... fraud is benefit stealing, and by use of false advertising, taking money of people unwillingly. Where obviously customers are paying willingly.

Courts dont just look at your case, they look at the majority. Meaning, they look at your and the other whiners and compare that to how many have upgraded already. So, guess who would loose? You, and then you would pay your own court fees, and if its anything like the UK you would pay IB's court fees aswell, which would humiliate and embarres you, and if it does neither then your not human.
                                http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...