X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Greer
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.0.x

No my license was valid until today.

I paid it up in advance to Oct 14th 2010 a few days back.

Because the license was still valid today I could have not paid that prior fee and just paid the $130 today and got the cms, blog and vb4 under the same deal.

vBulletin 4.0 Forums and Publishing Suite are currently on sale at a substantial discount on a pre-sale basis. You will be able to download the latest release of vBulletin (3.8) as soon as your purchase is completed. You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released. These pre-sale discounts are available for a limited time only.
    So Ive paid $100 for 3.8.4 which was available under the $130 upgrade.
    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
      Banned
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You did not have to pay anything. You could use your existing license until it expired including receiving support and updates. At the point you would have to upgrade to a vBulletin 4.0 license which would have been good until 5.0 was released.
      So, you're saying that it's good that he just spent $230 for the SAME THING he could have spent $130 for if he waited three days? OR, he could have NOT paid and been stuck with a ****-knows-how-much forum purchase as leased licenses are being taken away...

So, bottom line is you've screwed this customer to the tune of $100. He either spends $130 NOW or spends $195 in a year. But, the bottom line is that if he spent $130 NOW and DIDN'T pay the renewal fee of $100, he would be in "EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION TODAY" -- only not $100 poorer. You need to refund his $100 now.

IB/Jelsoft are a bunch of fraudulent scammers.. To the OP: Why the hell did you spend even MORE money with these losers to begin with? For only $5 more, you could have gotten a brand new license. So, you're value as a loyal customer is only worth $5 to them? Nice....

Comment

• Shane Greer
        • Oct 2008
        • 4.0.x

I guess I trust them to do the right thing.

We will have to wait and see I guess but I do believe you hit the nail on the head.
        www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
          Banned
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.8.x

I wouldn't trust them with a rusty nail at this point. They say one thing in an email, then don't honor it.

They steal $100 extra from you for NO good reason

Bunch of scammers.

Comment

• Shane Greer
            • Oct 2008
            • 4.0.x

To be honest they havent really had a chance to reply to me yet so Im gonna hold my peace until they have had a chance to review the situation.
            www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
              Banned
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.8.x

Shane, he did reply.. Wayne just told you what a clever purchase you made, and how you *saved* money. They're not refunding money.. Did you not see the post above?

Comment

• tgcsniper
                • Dec 2008
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
                Shane, he did reply.. Wayne just told you what a clever purchase you made, and how you *saved* money. They're not refunding money.. Did you not see the post above?
                great... another sh*t stirrer...
                http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
                  great... another sh*t stirrer...
                  Great.. Another consumer who doesn't care that IB changed their contract with you with NO notice. You're my kind of customer. Someone who'll take it without complaint.

Comment

• Shane Greer
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 4.0.x

I will wait and see what comes back from the support ticket.
                    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Please realize the forum rules are still effective, no name calling please. Personal attacks and name calling is totally different than constructive feedback (positive or negative).

Comment

• tgcsniper
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf
                        Great.. Another consumer who doesn't care that IB changed their contract with you with NO notice. You're my kind of customer. Someone who'll take it without complaint.
                        Actually, i do have my opinions, but i dont spam them on every thread i see. I keep them to myself where due...

@Floris: Tell that to everyone else who seems to be going crazy... only another 3000+ to remind...
                        http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
                          Actually, i do have my opinions, but i dont spam them on every thread i see. I keep them to myself where due...
                          So, is there now a limit to the number of threads I can reply to? I believe it was you, not I who got chastised for name calling; if you think we're 'whining' then show us why we're wrong.

As I see it, a contract was broken. Emails sent that lied about the price. When I called IB/Jelsoft, I'm told "Too bad, so sad".

I'm amazed by how many people are taking it and giving IB more money!!! STOP IT! Sheesh.. They're not going to change their prices if people are throwing money at them...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Looking at your customer license (you can look in the member's area to verify this), your leased license would have expired on October 13, 2009 at 11:57 p.m.. If you had not upgraded you could have upgraded to the Suite yesterday for the price of $130.00, if you didn't you would have to remove the software from your site. If you hadn't upgraded you would have to buy a new license today instead of the suite upgrade.

However you did upgrade which made it valid until October 13, 2010. At this point you didn't have to do anything else until the license was ready to expire. At that point you could remove the software or purchase the forum upgrade. The lease renewal is no longer valid. Or you could upgrade to the suite now as you did.

You can have the suite purchase refunded and revert to your previous license status if you wish. However an expired lease would not have been eligible for upgrading today.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Excellent explanation. Thanks Wayne for looking into it.

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 3.8.x

Wayne.. His license expired Oct 13. He could have bought the suite upgrade for $130 on the 13th. No? That would have meant it was 1) valid, 2) available for upgrading.

I received my email on the 13th. Well before 11:57pm. I'm sure he did too. By your own admission, he upgraded on the 13th. Which was the day it expired. Refund his money Wayne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...