X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Greer
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.0.x

Advice required please....

My site license (leased) expired on Oct 14th. Today. I paid for the new license in advance a couple of days ago. Now Im being asked to pay again to upgrade to VB4.0 for $130.

If I had of waited to today to pay my license it would still technically be in date and I would have saved myself the money from the first renewal which I paid in advance.

Is there anybody that can help me as I feel it is unfair to pay 2 renewals/upgrades within the space of 3 or 4 days!?
    www.thefewgoodmen.com
  • Shane Greer
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.0.x

I sent a ticket in... hope I hear back by the end of the day.
    www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Shane Greer
      • Oct 2008
      • 4.0.x

No answer so I just went and paid the $130.... thats $230 in the last 3 days.

I'd like to think they would refund the $100 I paid to renew the 3.8 license 3 days ago. (3 days prior to the license expiring)
      www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
        Banned
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.8.x

Wow. And not even a thank you for getting raped. IB just defrauded you. The $100 renewal is completely useless to you now.

Comment

• Shane Greer
          • Oct 2008
          • 4.0.x

Hmmm no response still.. has anyone got a response from a ticket request yet?
          www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• therczone
            • Sep 2004

If you paid with a credit card, have them reverse the charge.

Comment

• Shane Greer
              • Oct 2008
              • 4.0.x

It wasnt a credit card it was paypal....

I guess I should just sit tight and see what vBulletin folk come back with.
              www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• tgcsniper
                • Dec 2008
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Shane Greer
                It wasnt a credit card it was paypal....

I guess I should just sit tight and see what vBulletin folk come back with.
                Open a dispute in paypal then, and try to get paypal to do a chargeback... if all fails, go to your bank and explain it...

Go here i think: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...t-view&nav=0.4

and dispute the transaction for £100 stating the details that you bought a license, then a new update came out, you bought it, and when you contacted them asking for the refund of the first transaction they ignored you...
                http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• Shane Greer
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 4.0.x

Thanks I will hold fire on any decision and see what they get back to me with.
                  www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Floris
                    • Dec 2001

Instead of running to PayPal, I would just give the staff some time to catch up on all the sales/support tickets.

Comment

• Shane Greer
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Floris
                      Instead of running to PayPal, I would just give the staff some time to catch up on all the sales/support tickets.
                      Thats what I intend to do thanks.
                      www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Shane Greer
                        My site license (leased) expired on Oct 14th. Today. I paid for the new license in advance a couple of days ago. Now Im being asked to pay again to upgrade to VB4.0 for $130.

If I had of waited to today to pay my license it would still technically be in date and I would have saved myself the money from the first renewal which I paid in advance.

Is there anybody that can help me as I feel it is unfair to pay 2 renewals/upgrades within the space of 3 or 4 days!?
                        You did not have to pay anything. You could use your existing license until it expired including receiving support and updates. At the point you would have to upgrade to a vBulletin 4.0 license which would have been good until 5.0 was released.

Since you decided to upgrade to the vBulletin Publishing Suite you have taken advantage of the presale price of $130. This includes all upgrades until 5.0 is released (no annual renewals), the Blog, CMS, and Forum packages, plus ticket support for the support life of the product (ends sometime after 5.0 is released). All in all you saved $105 dollars directly (Forum Upgrade is $175, Ticket Support is $80/year) and probably much more than that over the course of your license.

And yes, tickets are a little backed up. I am still answering phone calls that came in before we opened for business today.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ICY ICE
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris

I second this one...

Comment

• Shane Greer
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            You did not have to pay anything. You could use your existing license until it expired including receiving support and updates. At the point you would have to upgrade to a vBulletin 4.0 license which would have been good until 5.0 was released.

Since you decided to upgrade to the vBulletin Publishing Suite you have taken advantage of the presale price of $130. This includes all upgrades until 5.0 is released (no annual renewals), the Blog, CMS, and Forum packages, plus ticket support for the support life of the product (ends sometime after 5.0 is released). All in all you saved $105 dollars directly (Forum Upgrade is $175, Ticket Support is $80/year) and probably much more than that over the course of your license.

And yes, tickets are a little backed up. I am still answering phone calls that came in before we opened for business today.
                            Yeah but my point is I paid $100 to renew my 3.8.4 in advance of the expiration date today. Yesterday I received the email everyone else received and today upgraded to the 4.0 Suite.

If I hadnt have paid the $100 in advance of license renewal day I would only have had to pay $130 for 4.0 because you can download 3.8.4 at the moment with that license and I would still have been within my previous renewal cycle.
                            www.thefewgoodmen.com

Comment

• Aeolian
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 4.2.X

if i understand this then u need not to pay.
                              coz with that $100 u will get vb4 (as free upgrade)
                              but since u paid extra $130 now u ll get cms+blog too as extra

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...