I own a current active license, they won't let me renew with out paying FULL PRICE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breakpoint
    • Sep 2006

I own a current active license, they won't let me renew with out paying FULL PRICE!

My owned license is about to expire in 2 days and I wanted to renew it like a good loyal customer, but their is no option to renew it and VB4 isn't even out!

Are they going to end my license and make me pay for the new VB4 when it isn't even out just so I can renew?

I mean come on... I am a current license holder I play by the rules and I get burned?
  • siliconfinance
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.5.x

Did you try logging in through the home page?

You will notice your licenses liste below the options to buy new licenses. Immediately to ther right of those licenses, you will have drop down options to upgrade. If you have an active license, the discount will appear after you select the upgrade option. You can check this without being worried about being charged. You would need to complete a few more steps in the checkout process to be charged and finalize the order.

Comment

• Breakpoint
      • Sep 2006

It only gives me two options

No Upgrade
      VBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite $250.00 (which discounts to $130)

But I dont want the Publishing Suite, I just want the renewal and since I am active they should allow me to renew. Are they trying to stick it to me for being a loyal customer saying they WON'T allow me to renew?

My license expires tomorrow so I need this settled ASAP

Comment

• siliconfinance
        • Mar 2007
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Breakpoint
        It only gives me two options

No Upgrade
        VBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite $250.00 (which discounts to $130)

But I dont want the Publishing Suite, I just want the renewal and since I am active they should allow me to renew. Are they trying to stick it to me for being a loyal customer saying they WON'T allow me to renew?

My license expires tomorrow so I need this settled ASAP
        No, they are not trying to do anything of the sort. Did you click the drop down or click where it says 'No Upgrade' and then select the 'vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite' option? When you select it, then the discount should automatically appear on the right under the Discounts column and your total cost should be less. This will only work with active licenses to my knowledge.

If that doesn't work, post a support ticket and write a description and link to this thread if you want.

Comment

• wda2015
          • May 2001

My owned license is about to expire in 2 days and I wanted to renew it like a good loyal customer, but their is no option to renew it and VB4 isn't even out!

Are they going to end my license and make me pay for the new VB4 when it isn't even out just so I can renew?

I mean come on... I am a current license holder I play by the rules and I get burned?
          i have the same dilemma. and get nothing but stupid answers from support like, "but you will still have access to 3.8.x.."

yeah right, it should be costing me $40 NOT $130
          Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• crichighlights
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

You have to pay 195$ for just renew without Suit.
            You have to pay 130$ for renew with suite.
            You have to pay 250$ if your license is valid and expired.
            You have to pay 230$ if you want to purchase new license.

See, everything is messed up. You have decide which option is less messed.

Comment

• Breakpoint
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by siliconfinance
              No, they are not trying to do anything of the sort. Did you click the drop down or click where it says 'No Upgrade' and then select the 'vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite' option? When you select it, then the discount should automatically appear on the right under the Discounts column and your total cost should be less. This will only work with active licenses to my knowledge.

If that doesn't work, post a support ticket and write a description and link to this thread if you want.
              I understand what you mean, but I just want to renew, its only allowing me to upgrade to the Suite which I dont want. There is no option to renew and their should be since my license isn't expired.

Comment

• crichighlights
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

I understand what you mean, but I just want to renew, its only allowing me to upgrade to the Suite which I dont want. There is no option to renew and their should be since my license isn't expired.
                There is no option of separate forum. Separate forum is just wasting more money. You have only two option. Either to purchase vb forum at 195$ or purchase vb suite at 130$. Decide yourself.

Comment

• henlyn
                  • Dec 2007

Grrrrrr my licence ....(leased) runs out in a few days. I was about to renew, but the new price is more than I have set aside. I don't ask for a penny from my members, so it's a bit too much for me.

I don't want the blog thing, or any other extras, my site has run perfectly well as it is.

I'm just sat here biting my nails

Comment

• wda2015
                    • May 2001

here is quote from support..

I'm afraid I can't do anything. You can continue running the version of vBulletin you're using now even if you don't renew. To get access to versions released after your license expires you'll need to upgrade.
                    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• blissend
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by WEBDosser
                      here is quote from support..
                      So does that mean we have to wait to get the free upgrade to v4.0 forum classic? It says free upgrade on their front page but as the first user said in his post... This option is not available in the drop down menu. Only the suite is.

I'm guessing it says free upgrade because its only for people that preordered v4.0 forum classic. If thats so, then vBulletin suddenly got expensive for something that has no guarantees on release time frames (I'm assuming).
                      Last edited by blissend; Wed 14 Oct '09, 8:19am.

Comment

• saharial
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3.6.x

I am not just biting my nails, but sitting here in tears at all this.

I have an owned licence, i have never missed the $40 upgrade fee.
                        I am.. or rather was... due to renew again in March which i now obviously can't do.

If Vb4 comes out before then - i get that + all upgrades until vb 5.0 for free - right?
                        if it doesn't then i have to pay $195 to upgrade the forum.

The email sent out was worded quite badly and the change is far too short notice and poorly thought out. I think the timing too is pretty bad considering the financial pinch we are all in and so close to the holiday season. I know businesses need to make money and that coders don't work for free for VB, but my forum is just a special interest community - mostly students who can't afford to donate and teens who sure can't manage. I personally am out of work so i can't afford the £130 - especially for something that is in alpha too.

Migrating to something free seems like a lot less hassle but not what i want to do. I just want what's best for my community, but i too don't need this kind of stress.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...