• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4nawadir.com
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

About vBulletin5 ... renewal or rebuy from zero

Hello ,

I have an owned lisence expire on (26/05/2010 renewal)
    i like upgrade to vb4 suite ,,
    (( this is not a probleme ))

the probleme is:
    when vb5 will ready ,
    can i ReNewal <==> free
    can i ReNewal <=or=> ReBuy vBulletin from zero ?

Thank you
  • tgcsniper
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.8.x

And when exactly do you think vbulletin 5.0 will be released???? in the next 3 years????

It probably isnt even in development yet... so dont expect it to be released next year... vb 4.0 will be a long line...
    http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• crichighlights
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

VB 4.0 will be free for life. But who knows when VB 5 will be role out. It depends upon financial results of IB. If they want to increase results, you may see the new version within 2 year.

Comment

• 4nawadir.com
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
        And when exactly do you think vbulletin 5.0 will be released???? in the next 3 years????

It probably isnt even in development yet... so dont expect it to be released next year... vb 4.0 will be a long line...
        Thanks for your reply...
        So, welcome vb4 Suite ...

Comment

• 4nawadir.com
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by crichighlights
          VB 4.0 will be free for life. But who knows when VB 5 will be role out. It depends upon financial results of IB. If they want to increase results, you may see the new version within 2 year.
          Yes man, free for life ,, here is the problem
          vBulletin5 will Be here soon ..

im waiting vbulletin team reponseeee before upgrade because 130$ is not **** ...

Comment

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
            • Apr 2008
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

v4 to v5 upgrade/renewal will be not free
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

• crichighlights
              • Feb 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
              v4 to v5 upgrade/renewal will be not free
              it will be same 250$

Comment

• choccyclaire
                • Jan 2008

I don't get why so many people are concerned with vb5 right now. We all know it takes jelsoft 5 years to even wipe their a$$.

Comment

• feldon23
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by choccyclaire
                  I don't get why so many people are concerned with vb5 right now. We all know it takes jelsoft 5 years to even wipe their a$$.
                  Originally posted by tgcsniper

Because it's already been announced to expect vBulletin 5 as simply the conclusion of the vB4 code project. And to expect it in 18 months. This announcement was 6 months ago.

Even if we say 18 months from now, then the cost to the customer for vBulletin over the next 3 years is $195 + $195 = $390. Suite customers pay $250 + $250 or $500.

To the original poster, you get a "visitor's pass" to the vB4 club until mid-2010. Then you are basically starting from scratch and have to pay $195 to get vB4. And another $195 for vB5. All within a very short period of time.

Currently yearly renewal cost is $60/year. In order for vB4 -> vB5 cost to be similar, vB5 would have to be delayed until 2018.

Comment

• tgcsniper
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 3.8.x

I read a post earlier (made by a vbteam member) that vb4 is likely to last for a few years before vb5 comes out taken that vb3 was released 5 years ago...
                    http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• rudedog1968
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 3.8.x

I would hope v4.0 lasts as long as v3.0 did, however when you start charging for point releases only, you'll see them more often.

This is what I'm afraid of:
                      Right now they had us renew each year and could drag the development out as long as they could. When you switch the lic model, it makes sense from a buisness point to bang out point releases every year.....

And with the way they've asked us to upgrade, who knows how much this will cost us each year.
                      Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...