X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AVC
    Banned
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Let's all cry for a public company, all together guys....

BOO HOO, people are picking on my vB !!!!!

PS: We did not do the damage to the vB brand, IB did you clowns !!!

PPS: WalMart sucks too !!! www.walmartwatch.com

Comment

• tgcsniper
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by AVC
      Let's all cry for a public company, all together guys....

BOO HOO, people are picking on my vB !!!!!
      ahhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha thats quite funny

Originally posted by AVC
      PPS: WalMart sucks too !!! www.walmartwatch.com
      No, your wrong. K-Mart sucks, walmart is fine!!!
      http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
        No, your wrong. K-Mart sucks, walmart is fine!!!
        actually i mean, this sucked
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• The Notorious
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

Gj on killing the stupid thread. Costco all the way!

Comment

• ICY ICE
            • Oct 2006
            • 3.6.x

I'm with you on this one.. these ppl are pitiful !!!

I never seen such a big group of whiners...

~
            ... if you can't afford the upgrade:

"close your site down or throw your keys to anyone here"

Comment

• nexialys
              • May 2004
              • 1.1.x

i'm a good key catcher... gimmy gimmy !!!
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by dotpeddler
                I cannot believe the whining going on here. So typical of the webmaster world -- cheap or want something for nothing.

Vb4 is a new product -- totally new. vb3, if you own it, is going to be mothballed. You can either stay or move on. Costs are what they are.

Vb is also a business. They know what they need to do to keep eating.

We also run businesses. We have a choice. We stay or we go. Just do what you're going to do based upon what is right for your business. For me, I own several owned licenses. Some projects look right for moving on to vb4, others no.

Yes, I'll look at IPB and others as options at this point since I'm going to have to do all this work anyway. Big deal, that's business. Ultimately, I have to choose what's right for my site users, not vb and certainly not me.

A couple of hundred dollars difference isn't going to matter in the long run if what you get in return is a more stable platform engineered for growth over the next several years. I've been at this more than a decade and have never regretted upgrading and adding new options for my site users. My revenue has grown through-out a million fold since we started. This kind of thing is just part of it all.

Stop the whining and decide what's right for you. Votes? C'mon, this isn't a democracy. Vote with your wallets.
                While I understand your arguments, there are more arguments to counter you. The community surely will point them out to you. If I agree to them or not, is not relevant.

But I think it's important to understand the facts:

"b4 is a new product -- totally new."

Please read the announcement forum where it's announced version 4 is based on version 3 source code, and not a complete rewrite.

Yes, it's new.

If you change 1 line of code in 3.8.4 PL1 and call it 3.8.5, it's also new.

But it's not new as in a complete new product. I am not convinced of that. Maybe around version 5 when the elements are rewritten and the framework is completely adapted and the blog is matured and the cms has proven itself, etc. When the rewrite is done.

Comment

• smnet
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3.8.x

I think everyone here is entirely missing the point.

I'm not arsed about the money - the prices look fine to me, although to be fair they are particularly unfair to those who have recently purchased add-ons and other people in certain situations. Those people.... well yes... it's unfair but it's sometimes the way. Hopefully vBulletin will do something when they realise this is unfair.

My biggest problem and LOTS of other people is that we have heavily modified sites. We need to see a demo so we can assess the magnitude and extent of the upgrade, as well as checking out features that are important to us. I don't think this is a big ask.

Give us a demo before we part with our cash. Don't expect people to follow blindly like little sheep - don't punish us with 'double the current price' just because we NEED TO wait for the demo.

If any of you here think this is a suitable way to treat customers then you clearly are doormats. Go ahead.... let vB treat you like crap.

Like many here the money isnt important.... but I'm not so stupid as to pay out for something I wont see for ages and won't know the implications for my forum, members until I do.

If you think I personally am whining for nothing then you clearly have an extremely low standard of morals if you can side with vB over this whole ridiculous, avoidable fiasco.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...