X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Notorious
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Deimos
    Aye, aren't you LMAO'ing at the whiners who are whining about the whiners who whined originally?
    Yea I'm pretty much laughing at this whole situation. At this level vB should of never had such "problems".

Comment

• nexialys
      • May 2004
      • 1.1.x

screenshots are really easy to design, i can say... shooting screenshots instead of a semi-working demo is one of bad ideas... i would prefer accessing a semi-working demo with flaws.

if you want, i can build you a complete new software with screenshot mucked-up in less than 24 hours... 200 screenies with that.
      [self filtering of a screenshot /]

this is just an example, not an advertisement... i do not consider screenshots seriously, even if the image is really teasing, like the ones Wayne released... great structure, good style for a default, good enhancements as we could say as vB did not have a cms before...

but we need a demo. whining or not.
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• patrick6411
        • Aug 2009
        • 3.8.x

I'm not whining at all. I'm plane old pissed. I just purchased the software and asked about when 4.0 was coming out. I feel as though I was lied to. I also do not agree to the new TOS for 4.0 I'm not in Ca nor are my servers. Nor do I even know CA law. So I feel like I have a right to *****. So you worry about you and I will worry about me. Go to Digitalpoint and make those kind of posts where you will earn brownie points. Also you have been a webmaster for a decade congrats. I still remember DOS. That will tell you how long I've been in the game.
        Last edited by patrick6411; Wed 14 Oct '09, 6:20am.

Comment

• AVC
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.5.x

I have a better way to save money, never upgrade at all, I don't need the pre-release discount.

To the OP, this is the dumbest thread in the world, vB customers are some of the best webmasters on the net, some of the brightest people on the internet.

Get real man, you are way out of touch with reality.

Do you expect these smart people to just sit back and watch vB take them to the cleaners ??

Comment

• The Notorious
            • Jan 2006
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by AVC
            I have a better way to save money, never upgrade at all, I don't need the pre-release discount.

To the OP, this is the dumbest thread in the world, vB customers are some of the best webmasters on the net, some of the brightest people on the internet.

Get real man, you are way out of touch with reality.

Do you expect these smart people to just sit back and watch vB take them to the cleaners ??
            Very ture!

Comment

• kyrgyz
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by AVC
              Then you are in a serious danger of becoming old-fashioned and eventually extinct.

I am to the contrary looking forward to getting vB4 Suite.

Can't stop progress with grandpa's logic. How many Windows 95 users are still around? And how many Windows 7 fans are out there?

Comment

• AVC
                Banned
                • Mar 2006
                • 3.5.x

I can move to phpBB right now instead of paying my programmer to upgrade vB, so I really don't need this crap man, I want to run forums, not a social networking and a crap blog network.

vB is out of touch with their customer base, most of them are not interested in this software package at all.

Comment

• The Notorious
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 3.5.x

Yea I think people got other things like Facebook and Myspace as far as social networking is concerned...

Comment

• Fred Weiss
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                    Then you are in a serious danger of becoming old-fashioned and eventually extinct.

I am to the contrary looking forward to getting vB4 Suite.

Can't stop progress with grandpa's logic. How many Windows 95 users are still around? And how many Windows 7 fans are out there?
                    That's pretty short sighted of you. What about the vb sites that have been using other CMS products and have years of non-forum data that will be disrupted and that will have to be dealt with manually or lost? vBulletin's answer appears to be "you're on your own".

I came here yesterday ready to upgrade and when the arrogance of the current VB attitude sunk in along with the jeopardy I would be placing my site in by going with this, the only logical conclusion I could reach was to just stay with the vBulletin forum software and forget the suite. And if my CMS software doesn't upgrade to compatibility with version 4 then I will just run 3.8.4 indefinitely.

What is totally missing from the VB business plan is any help or accommodation for the many users of vbAdvanced, vbPortal and other CMS products that filled this need for years ... much to the benefit of vBulletin.
                    Fred Weiss
                    Signs101.com
                    [email protected]

Comment

• MikesSite
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3.8.x

+ 1. I'm a license owner for LESS than a year, and will gladly pay the $130 to upgrade to vb4. They have invested thousands of hours into this product, and that's not free. They need to cover their end, even if it means we have to pay a LITTLE more I'm fine with that. If you run a successful forum you shouldn't be paying for the upgrade out of your pocket anyway.

But I certainly understand why people are upset, as they have every right to be.

Comment

• Sarthek
                        • May 2006

That is because you are owner for LESS than a year with active licence.

All the others who are here years and spend much more than you will now, are riped of dicsount, while ppl like you will get discount.

Of course they have costs, nobody is demanding free software, only FAIR POLICY!

Comment

• roscoe36
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by dotpeddler
                          Stop the whining and decide what's right for you. Votes? C'mon, this isn't a democracy. Vote with your wallets.
                          You don't get it. They changed the license structure, which means they changed contracts they had with us, with little prior consultation, and completely in their favour, and to our detriment. They aren't giving existing license holders anything back. Oh sure, we get the privilege of making a deposit on software we can't see and we don't know when we can use it. The screenshots are nice, but they are not anything like a demo.

What if 4.0 (which is only in Alpha, not Beta) doesn't come out until January 2010? What if when it comes out, it is like the blog product. Clunky and backwards? If I could see it, I might even buy it, without a release date. I know it is risky, but I might take that risk. But I won't buy something I can't see, and I don't know when I will receive it. That's like playing the lottery.

Originally posted by voiponline
                          I am not complaining because as a business owner I have found it impossible to have people work on a project for a year for free.
                          That's called investing. You invest to have a product to sell. We all invested in owned licenses. We "pre-paid" on future editions of vB with the understanding we would pay a maintenance fee to get upgrades (if we wanted them).

It obviously was a profitable model, or IB would not have bought Jelsoft.

Scary that you're a business owner, and don't understand the dynamics of this situation.
                          Last edited by roscoe36; Wed 14 Oct '09, 6:58am.

Comment

• AVC
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by dotpeddler
                            Vote with your wallets.
                            I am, it is completely closed until IB comes up with a VERY FAVORABLE LONG TERM CONTRACT FOR EXISTING LICENSE OWNERS WITH MULTIPLE OWNED LICENSES.

If IB can not do this, I already have plans to move all my forums to phpBB.

Comment

• nexialys
                              • May 2004
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by AVC
                              If IB can not do this, I already have plans to move all my forums to phpBB.
                              remember that you will loose all your members passwords... ROFL
                              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• kyrgyz
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Fred Weiss
                                That's pretty short sighted of you. What about the vb sites that have been using other CMS products and have years of non-forum data that will be disrupted and that will have to be dealt with manually or lost? vBulletin's answer appears to be "you're on your own".
                                What did you expect when learned about vB CMS development? With so many CMS out there, how vB Team is supposed to know which one is being used by every single vB license holder. What kind of help they could offer?

Get real, man. With major product changes there are costs and risks for end customers. That's expected.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...