I upgraded to 4.0 Publishing Suite - where's my product??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeloreo
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Caos
    I have upgraded my license to the new v4.0 Publishing Suite, but I donĀ“t understand if the product is not available (at the moment) how the Expiry Date of my v4.0 suite license count after my upgrade (today).
    I don't understand why you'd even have a expiration date, 4.0 includes updates for the life of the version, unless they know when 5.0 is coming out, how can 4.0 expire? Perhaps this is a glitch in the web site?

Comment

• pein87
      • Aug 2008

Lolz true I doubt its a glitch there still using the old system wait for them to update it with the new counter its more likely stored in another field in the db table so they know you upgraded to the new suite. Last I heard it was alpha at best the test sure must have been flawless for them to skip beta stages I guess it will come out the first of the year or before Christmas. I really wish someone form Vb would answer the blog issue, what about those who bought the project tools or impex or all vb software they upgrade plans are to minimal and there system is even out of date for this event leave it to IB to mess it up jelsoft would not have done this.

Comment

• alfisti.net
        • Aug 2001
        • 3.8.x

"It is ready when it is done!" > No problem for me, BUT:
        I have to pay now for a future release without any release date (maybe IĀ“am too stupid to find the release date). As a customer from the beginning I know how long it take for a new release... So I have to spent the money now and will maybe get the software in 6-12 months. Hello?

And what about a the license changes?
        I bought a owned licence with a fix annual fee. I like this variant and I don't want to change this!
        We (vbulletin and me) have a contract!
        For me the vBulletin strategy/policy is a shame. And in my eyes this licence changes are all a fraud if the customers are not accepting them.

At the moment I only see a lot nonserious statements and offers...

Not with me vbulletin!
        OK, I guess you calculated this and you will loose a customer with only two owned licences. A international lawyer is too expensive to protect my interest, so don't be afraid, you "only" will loose a customer with a "owned" license.
        I bought the other owned licence last year from the german distributor and for this I will ask a laywer to get back my money.

Comment

• DragonlordP
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by zeloreo
          I'm sorry Dragon, I just don't really see how it's unfair. Perhaps I'm sticking my foot in my mouth again.
          OK, you win, I'm bored.

Comment

• pein87
            • Aug 2008

Sounds serious like I keep saying they should have eased the prices up in installments remember this Vb4 is not even the complete version its not a full code write up it still has legacy 3.8 in it and by 3.1.0 is when I would expect them to bring there promise of a full code right up. I think you should talk to Ray Morgan privately first and see what you can do then bring in the legal contracts etc... Hate to have you leave the fellow owners group like myself. I am starting to think they did this to see our reactions and will adjust based on what they have seen. My idea is installment price rate increments just as the software isn't complete we should be incremented prices to match so we the customer know the time table and aren't left in the dark without a flash light.

Comment

• SnitchSeeker
              • Aug 2004
              • 3.8.x

No release date???

There's a reason why they called it PRE-release

vB's a good product and it's made by a reputable company who has been around a very long time.

Lots of people here seem to think the whole pre-release idea is a sham to get us to pay for something that will never exist.

While I would like to see an expected release date, I am also going to spend my $130 and lock in my price, and I think that you did the right thing when you locked in your price.
              Who ever heard of paying for something without even knowing the RELEASE DATE?

It's the most absurd idea I've heard in a long time.

Pre-ordering is one thing, but taking people's money before they even know when they can deliver is criminal! Who ever heard of paying the full amount for a product before you even know when you'll get it? When you pre-order items from a store, they usually take a small down-payment, or in most cases NOTHING until they product is released. And they ALWAYS have a release date!

Seriously, this is so crazy I can't believe it's legal. Maybe it isn't.

Comment

• wacnstac
                • Jul 2000
                • 3.6.x

You'll get your product "when it's ready".

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Inappropriate posts have been removed.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Hagop
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by SnitchSeeker
                    Who ever heard of paying for something without even knowing the RELEASE DATE?

It's the most absurd idea I've heard in a long time.

Pre-ordering is one thing, but taking people's money before they even know when they can deliver is criminal! Who ever heard of paying the full amount for a product before you even know when you'll get it? When you pre-order items from a store, they usually take a small down-payment, or in most cases NOTHING until they product is released. And they ALWAYS have a release date!

Seriously, this is so crazy I can't believe it's legal. Maybe it isn't.
                    If THIS is the most absurd thing you've heard in a long time, then you need to get out more often.

We're all anxious. Pay for it if you want to lock the price, don't if you think it's absurd. That simple. Either way, all the complaining in the world isn't going to change a thing.
                    http://www.audioneeds.com - an online community for musicians, audio engineers, producers, an audio geeks alike.

Comment

• Eq4Bits
                      • May 2006
                      • 3.6.x

So, if I go ahead an pre-order the vB 4.0 Suite and my license is up for renewal in the next month or so (November/December) do I still have to pay my license renewal as well? Is there even a *target* date for this 4.0 Suite to be released?

And yes, regardless I will probably pre-order and wait around, but honestly, last year I got p.o.'d with vB about an unrelated matter and switched my forums over to IPB.... and was very dissatisfied with the product; after 5 months I switched back.

I don't 'make' money off my forum; it is 'run' off of donations (very few... you know how people are, if they can get it for free why bother) and out of my pocket, so yeah, a target date and a demo would be nice before I lay out $130 when I wasn't planning on having to.

Comment

• abcde
                        • Jan 2005

hahahahaahah.

lollllzzzzz

They sell what they don't have.

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 3.8.x

For all the people who think that Jelsoft's Pre-Release pricing offer is such a fraud, I have only one question.

What, has Jelsoft done in the past ten years to make you unable to accept that 4.0 is what they say it will be?

Because since I have been a customer, I have only seen them deliver everything that they said they would deliver.
                          I would assume, and probably correctly so, that they are leery since this is a new company (to us), with no such proven track record with us, and not the jelsoft that we have known for years.
                          Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Wed 14 Oct '09, 5:17am.
                          Peggy
                          ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• v7web
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart
                            I would assume, and probably correctly so, that they are leery since this is a new company (to us), with no such proven track record with us, and not the jelsoft that we have known for years.
                            Well said Peggy!
                            I would suggest that if it was still the jelsoft/vBulletin team that we all had grown to trust, then we wouldn't be discussing this problem now.

Comment

• tgcsniper
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by R1lover
                              You just purchased vaporware sir..... how does it feel?
                              people like you p*ss me off...

so what if they have ordered it before it comes out...

if i order a game (lets say left 4 dead 2) on steam before it comes out, does that make it vaporware???

NO!

Its called pre-ordering....
                              All these whining posts are useless, fueled by nothing, and your trying to make a point, when you dont have a point to make, which makes you look like idiots. 75% of the whiners here have already pre-ordered their upgrade... so what does that say? That says that they are pressuring the other 25% into starting bull*hit over nothing... so IB changed the license deal... some good points to it, and some bad. But the good out weighs the bad. Maybe they got the priority wrong for those whos license has already expired... and i did see some bit*hing about the "ive renewed but mu license expires in 365 days... why?" thing. If you did some actual research you would know that not all of the website has been upgraded...

So give it a rest, and see what IB announces next before jumping on your horse and charging full steam ahead.
                              http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

• copiertalk
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by tgcsniper
                                people like you p*ss me off...

so what if they have ordered it before it comes out...

if i order a game (lets say left 4 dead 2) on steam before it comes out, does that make it vaporware???

NO!

Its called pre-ordering....
                                All these whining posts are useless, fueled by nothing, and your trying to make a point, when you dont have a point to make, which makes you look like idiots. 75% of the whiners here have already pre-ordered their upgrade... so what does that say? That says that they are pressuring the other 25% into starting bull*hit over nothing... so IB changed the license deal... some good points to it, and some bad. But the good out weighs the bad. Maybe they got the priority wrong for those whos license has already expired... and i did see some bit*hing about the "ive renewed but mu license expires in 365 days... why?" thing. If you did some actual research you would know that not all of the website has been upgraded...

So give it a rest, and see what IB announces next before jumping on your horse and charging full steam ahead.
                                They can not update and satisfy the commitment to allow people to purchase a product on their own server and you want them to give you software to run your forums? Are you people nuts? Why would you pay someone that can not even get a basic website to bill for a product down to pre-order the "next level" of forum solutions.

I am not happy about the choices they have made about the customer relations but if this blunder of an announcement added on top of the previous one just goes to reinforce my commitment to seek software alternatives as soon as my license expires.

Yeeah, lets release half done, half complete software. But before we release it and dissapoint everyone, lets take their money first.
                                www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...