I upgraded to 4.0 Publishing Suite - where's my product??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeloreo
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by VonDoom
    I doubt Jelsoft would have went this route. Plus we are dealing with IB now. i have no real answers here. im more then discouraged and dont have any idea what to expect from IB.

Perhaps I have more words to eat .... Somewhere along the line I failed to see that Jelsoft was now IB. Interesting.

But, for now, I think I will continue to trust them, at least until they give me a reason not to trust them.

Comment

• zeloreo
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DragonlordP
      Maybe you have too much money to spare then, if you're ok with paying $250 every less than 3 years. Not all people are that wealthy.

My forum is profitable, and, if I get what I pay for, I have no problem spending the money. It will be worth $130 just for the video support that seems to exist.

The best part of this is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO UPGRADE ... so are you saying that they shouldn't bring out a new product for those of us who would like to upgrade just because some customers won't or can't upgrade ???

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by FireFish
        I'm a devoted admin who saw your upgrade email minutes ago & without even thinking, paid the prerelease.

Now, ehem, how do I get my special software?
        " pre release " ?

Pre-order / Pre-sales
        doesn't mean

Pre-release

Comment

• DragonlordP
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by zeloreo
          The best part of this is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO UPGRADE ... so are you saying that they shouldn't bring out a new product for those of us who would like to upgrade just because some customers won't or can't upgrade ???
          No, I'm just saying that the new licensing system is a bit unfair to those of us with an owned licence.

Comment

• zeloreo
            • Mar 2008
            • 3.8.x

Floris, I stand corrected. The email does say pre-sale, not pre-release. The web site says pre-sale. I just read enough detail to see they meant pre-release even though they didn't say it.

You may notice I have no problem sticking my foot in my mouth. I also have no problem admitting I did so.

Comment

• pein87
              • Aug 2008

I only have one major issue and its it the blogs. I paid enough money with my recent upgrade and blog to cover the new upgrade to Vb4 its kinda dumb to say hurry and upgrade to only save $30 for the suite. I only want the forum and blog as we use joomla as our cms(waiting on subdreamer as well still own a license there to). I fell that there asking for to much all of a sudden they should have eased current members into it, I feel terrible for people who just bought it and found out there screwed after they upgrade.

Comment

• RedHotChili
                • Dec 2008
                • 3.8.x

Jelsoft has nothing to do with pricing and shouldn't be blamed for it.

IB is running the show here, and has been since the day Jelsoft sold out to them and abdicated all responsibility for selling and marketing the product.

All this well deserved acrimony should be directed at IB.

Comment

• zeloreo
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DragonlordP
                  No, I'm just saying that the new licensing system is a bit unfair to those of us with an owned licence.
                  I'm sorry Dragon, I just don't really see how it's unfair. Perhaps I'm sticking my foot in my mouth again.

Comment

• zeloreo
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by pein87
                    I only have one major issue and its it the blogs. I paid enough money with my recent upgrade and blog to cover the new upgrade to Vb4 its kinda dumb to say hurry and upgrade to only save $30 for the suite. I only want the forum and blog as we use joomla as our cms(waiting on subdreamer as well still own a license there to). I fell that there asking for to much all of a sudden they should have eased current members into it, I feel terrible for people who just bought it and found out there screwed after they upgrade.

The blog was a stand-alone add on to 3.8.x .... does anyone know if the blog add on created for 3.8.x will also work on 4.0 forums, or 4.0 forums require the 4.0 blog that's part of the publishing suite?

Comment

• ENF
                      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by zeloreo
                      The blog was a stand-alone add on to 3.8.x .... does anyone know if the blog add on created for 3.8.x will also work on 4.0 forums, or 4.0 forums require the 4.0 blog that's part of the publishing suite?
                      Unless there's information posted elsewhere, it appears that it's either just the Forums or the Suite, which includes the blog piece.
                      To be updated...

Comment

• Andreas
                        • Feb 2004

does anyone know if the blog add on created for 3.8.x will also work on 4.0 forums
                        It will not work for sure (templates are completely diffrent, etc.)

Comment

• zeloreo
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by RedHotChili
                          Jelsoft has nothing to do with pricing and shouldn't be blamed for it.

IB is running the show here, and has been since the day Jelsoft sold out to them and abdicated all responsibility for selling and marketing the product.

All this well deserved acrimony should be directed at IB.
                          It's been IB now for a couple years. I hadn't even noticed, I believe they still hit my credit card as Jelsoft

Comment

• zeloreo
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Andreas
                            It will not work for sure (templates are completely diffrent, etc.)

Thank you Andreas

Comment

• pein87
                              • Aug 2008

Blog is not stand alone. It was a add on made by vbulletin for the forum and cant run without the forum on 3.x versions. You can try running it without vbulletin lolz doubt it will work I already looked at it code it runs off vbulletin a stand alone would be vbgallery which can run on its own or integrate with Vb. I think they should have eased the prices up and not have just stated this is this much showing how little they care for current customers. I just spent over a thousand on my new site based on 3.8.4 and now vb raises there price and whats worse is a yr from now I'll have to pay $190 again for vb4, even if it is fro the whole vb4 term its a bit much all of a sudden. IB sucks jelsoft was way better at running it and they lost the best coder they had, the one who made Vb3 what it is today to boot its a sad thing to see such great software turn like this.

Comment

• Caos
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 3.6.x

I have upgraded my license to the new v4.0 Publishing Suite, but I donĀ“t understand if the product is not available (at the moment) how the Expiry Date of my v4.0 suite license count after my upgrade (today).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...