I upgraded to 4.0 Publishing Suite - where's my product??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

I'm not being harsh here. but it is your fault. You didn'red read the note on the first order page.

Please Note: vBulletin 4.0 Forums and Publishing Suite are currently on sale at a substantial discount on a pre-sale basis. You will be able to download the latest release of vBulletin (3.8) as soon as your purchase is completed. You will be able to download the 4.0 releases of Forums and Publishing Suite as soon as they are released. These pre-sale discounts are available for a limited time only
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Suiram
      • Dec 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by DragonlordP
      So, will there be any guarantee that there won't be a "new, greater, uberfantastic" vb5.0 in 3 years?
      the same guarantee that you'll still be alive tomorrow.

Comment

• Ohiosweetheart
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Suiram
        the same guarantee that you'll still be alive tomorrow.
        my my, you're just full of sarcastic, snide little comments, aren't you...
        Peggy
        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• zeloreo
          • Mar 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by FireFish
          I'm a devoted admin who saw your upgrade email minutes ago & without even thinking, paid the prerelease.

Now, ehem, how do I get my special software?

There's a reason why they called it PRE-release

vB's a good product and it's made by a reputable company who has been around a very long time.

Lots of people here seem to think the whole pre-release idea is a sham to get us to pay for something that will never exist.

While I would like to see an expected release date, I am also going to spend my $130 and lock in my price, and I think that you did the right thing when you locked in your price.

We should be glad that Jelsoft is trying to put together a quality product even if it takes too long, instead of rushing to release a bug-ridden product we would regret buying. And the pre-release offer is a considerable discount that we should also be glad to get.

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Xocide
            I would rather spend my money on IPB or even develop my own forum software, which I have already started on.
            Good luck reinventing the wheel.

IPB, phpBB, VB and countless others (even the ASP based boards) have covered most everything you'd ever want into a forum package. I'm not saying there are new ideas out there, but if you're just making another software package that does the same thing, then I'd say it's basically reinventing the wheel.

To be updated...

Comment

• chewbacca
              • Sep 2004

Something tells me that they will. So, will there be any guarantee that there won't be a "new, greater, uberfantastic" vb5.0 in 3 years?
              I've got the same feeling. Perhaps that's why much of the old vB team went away. Version 3 had too long of a life.

Comment

• zeloreo
                • Mar 2008
                • 3.8.x

So, will there be any guarantee that there won't be a "new, greater, uberfantastic" vb5.0 in 3 years?

I would hope that it doesn't take 3 years for vB 5 to come out.

If vB 4 treats me as good as vB 3 did, I'll be glad to buy vB 5.

Comment

• Suiram
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart
                  sure am... and you ? wanna inflate your post count ?
                  my answer is spot on, sarcastic as it may be.

Comment

• VonDoom
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 3.8.x

Maybe with the new pricing structure and license agreement vB5 should be available a cpl days after vB4. Maybe that's the hold up. lol jk. I actually like what i see and have no problems paying for it. but seriously 2 weeks to cough up all that cash. thats the joke as far as im concerned.

Comment

• zeloreo
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.8.x

For all the people who think that Jelsoft's Pre-Release pricing offer is such a fraud, I have only one question.

What, has Jelsoft done in the past ten years to make you unable to accept that 4.0 is what they say it will be?

Because since I have been a customer, I have only seen them deliver everything that they said they would deliver.

Comment

• RedHotChili
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart
                        Originally posted by Suiram
                        sure am... and you ? wanna inflate your post count ?
                        my answer is spot on, sarcastic as it may be.

Comment

• zeloreo
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by VonDoom
                          Maybe with the new pricing structure and license agreement vB5 should be available a cpl days after vB4. Maybe that's the hold up. lol jk. I actually like what i see and have no problems paying for it. but seriously 2 weeks to cough up all that cash. thats the joke as far as im concerned.

I do agree, it would be nice if the Pre-Release period was a bit longer, like maybe 30 days or so.

It would also be nice to know an anticipated release date, but considering all the flaming and negative posts I've seen here tonight, I can't blame Jelsoft for not giving us one. God forbid, they be a day late!

Comment

• VonDoom
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by zeloreo
                            For all the people who think that Jelsoft's Pre-Release pricing offer is such a fraud, I have only one question.

What, has Jelsoft done in the past ten years to make you unable to accept that 4.0 is what they say it will be?

Because since I have been a customer, I have only seen them deliver everything that they said they would deliver.
                            I doubt Jelsoft would have went this route. Plus we are dealing with IB now. i have no real answers here. im more then discouraged and dont have any idea what to expect from IB.

Comment

• DragonlordP
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by zeloreo
                              I would hope that it doesn't take 3 years for vB 5 to come out.

If vB 4 treats me as good as vB 3 did, I'll be glad to buy vB 5.
                              Maybe you have too much money to spare then, if you're ok with paying $250 every less than 3 years. Not all people are that wealthy.

Comment

• VonDoom
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 3.8.x

haha at least now i know how to generate a ton of early hr activity on my own forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...