• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle Eyes
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.8.x

Wow

What a rip off!

Expired licenses are in clear words are being told to F off without giving a grace period to make them active again on the old pricing. Great customer support.. Here i come IPB!!!!!!!
  • Joe Blow
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Eagle Eyes
    What a rip off!

Expired licenses are in clear words are being told to F off without giving a grace period to make them active again on the old pricing. Great customer support.. Here i come IPB!!!!!!!
    And then to add insult to injury we are all sent the email telling us we qualify for the $130 upgrade!

I demand an apology from Jelsoft for this outrageous, insulting behaviour.

This is a greedy, selfish money grab.

Comment

• LegolasTheElf
      Banned
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.8.x

+1...

Comment

• GHOwner
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.8.x

I'm all for constructive criticism, but I feel this thread is missing something...

Comment

• smirkley
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GHOwner
          I'm all for constructive criticism, but I feel this thread is missing something...

Yes, like all the "constructive" citisism of all the other threads started today.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Ray did mention in a post that it is smart to keep the license active, but it had no date or insight on why, etc. A grace period would have felt reasonable. I hope the customer feedback gives them an impression of what's going on and how to address it, perhaps reconsider some things. //

Comment

• GHOwner
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
              Ray did mention in a post that it is smart to keep the license active, but it had no date or insight on why, etc. A grace period would have felt reasonable. I hope the customer feedback gives them an impression of what's going on and how to address it, perhaps reconsider some things. //
              I believe this will help a lot. I didn't renew as I wanted to know about the product, not because it's "too much money". Now I'm here wanting to know about the product and annoyed at the treatment of being shafted with "preorder" and "previous people that had renewed for the mystery product, get it".

vB4's interface doesn't impress me really, I just hope the core is improved to help better style design than vB3. If something can't be worked out, I don't think I'd want to continue with vBulletin out of morale and the treatment I've received as a customer who was excited for vB4 :/

Comment

• Eagle Eyes
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.8.x

So we have to follow hints of what somebody posted years/months/weeks ago in a thread that we will be thrown out by our soon to be stepfather? so better activate the license fast...right!

Anyways, at least our voices are being heard.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                  • Sep 2001

I hope so... Ray's cryptic answer is another example of the extremely poor and erratic levels of communication from company representatives. That post, iirc off hand, was in the licensed customer forun, in some random thread. What is the average customer supposed to do? Track down everyone who works for the company across the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, .org and god knows where else? Its nuts.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Michael2
                    • Oct 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                    What is the average customer supposed to do? Track down everyone who works for the company across the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, .org and god knows where else? Its nuts.
                    If you want any answers then yes, that's exactly what you're expected to do.
                    HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                    Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                    iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                    VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                      I hope so... Ray's cryptic answer is another example of the extremely poor and erratic levels of communication from company representatives. That post, iirc off hand, was in the licensed customer forun, in some random thread. What is the average customer supposed to do? Track down everyone who works for the company across the forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, .org and god knows where else? Its nuts.
                      Actually it is in the Announcement forum here:

That forum is then syndicated to dozens of third-party vBulletin support sites as well.

And it is not out of the realm of believability to expect customer to remain in contact with the site and notices posted on it. However in the future we will most likely push every thing to your Admin CP so there is no disambiguity.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Abomination
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        However in the future we will most likely push every thing to your Admin CP so there is no disambiguity.
                        I noticed that! Worked well getting the information to me.

Comment

• ENF
                          • Apr 2002

And it is not out of the realm of believability to expect customer to remain in contact with the site and notices posted on it. However in the future we will most likely push every thing to your Admin CP so there is no disambiguity.
                          Well, I agree and disagree with your statement. Those who run active sites and care about what's going on with their core piece of software, would be checking for regular updates on what's going on. I would expect smaller forums not to do so. Even then, I would be willing to bet that smaller forum admins don't login to their AdminCP much. (Could be wrong, just a guess.)
                          To be updated...

Comment

• roscoe36
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 3.5.x

And it is not out of the realm of believability to expect customer to remain in contact with the site and notices posted on it.
                            Yes it is. Government can make claims like "ignorance of the law is no excuse" but in the private world, someone who changes a contract, is obligated to inform the other party of the contract when doing so.

You're here all the time for obvious reasons. The rest of us use vBulletin, it's not a job or a social network.

The onus is ALWAYS on vB to take positive, proactive and clear steps to communicate with its stakeholders.

Happy to see some progress being made, but the clusterfunk here was 100% on Internet Brands. Bad email campaign, bizarre pricing, no product to buy, demo or view, a broken membership section, and reactionary moderation. Not to mention screwing over expired but owned licenses, or people who recently bought owned licenses at full price.

Comment

• tgcsniper
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by roscoe36
                              Yes it is. Government can make claims like "ignorance of the law is no excuse" but in the private world, someone who changes a contract, is obligated to inform the other party of the contract when doing so.
                              Wronggg!

vBulletin has the right to change their terms at any time without any notice.
                              http://portal.thetgc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...