X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyrgyz
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by GHOwner
    As for the topic, do you not realize what the discount is? It's compensation for such a thing as renewal... So the discount itself is because of your renewal.
    The only discount I'll be getting is for the Suite. I am buying Forum all over again (no "free" roll-over in my particular case).

Those who are interested in Forum only might lose depending on the date of their last renewal.
    Last edited by kyrgyz; Fri 16 Oct '09, 2:34am.

Comment

• kyrgyz
      • Oct 2007

Just wanna add that I understand there are development costs incurred by Jelsoft as well as their employees and management are not working pro-bono. I am all supportive and ready to pay a premium for a good product. But the way new version transition was designed and presented upsets me.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kyrgyz
        Just wanna add that I understand there are development costs incurred by Jelsoft as well as their employees and management are not working pro-bono. I am all supportive and ready to pay a premium for a good product. But the way new version transition was designed and presented upsets me.
        With you all the way on that one
        https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• ThailandTopper
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kyrgyz
          I completely agree! Would these same employees and and their management agree to a change in agreement the way they expect us to, much less buy a copy of a piece of software that only exists in 6 screenshots.

But hey, for me, it's only $120...$20/screenshot seems like a fair price to pay for software the publisher can't even get running on their site, much less provide a demo site. Pathetic it is, in my opinion.

Comment

• calorie
            • May 2003

There is a pre-sale event happening now, no demo currently available, and while the prices and licensing structure has changed, a lot of consideration went into it. As stated by our GM...
            Originally posted by Ray Morgan
            When considering every possible combination of products a customer might own, the pricing plan got very complicated very quickly. For the sake of simplicity, we calculated the maximum discount for a customer who owned Forum, Blog and Project Tools, and decided to give that discount to everyone, even if they don't own all of three products.
            While some people are okay with the new scheme, and others are unhappy about it, this has already been hashed and rehashed, so thread closed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...