X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

what about?

What about those of us who want the 4.0 suite and already shelled out our 40.00 renewal like within the past month or so can we apply that 40.00 or whatever in addition to the discounted price or not?

I just shelled out 40.00 on 09-17-09 and i want to apply that to the 130.00 price for the suite making the price 90.00

130.00 - 40.00 = 90.00

see sales recipt below

Code:
    Business Name:
    Jelsoft Enterprises Limited    (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)Email:
    [email protected] Sent to:

[email protected]
    Total Amount:
    -$40.00 USDFee amount:
    $0.00 USDNet amount:
    -$40.00 USD
    Item Amount:
    $40.00 USDShipping:
    $0.00 USDHandling:
    $0.00 USDQuantity:
    1Item Title:
    vBulletin OrderItem Number:
    ************Date:
    Sep. 17, 2009Time:
    00:40:02 PDTStatus:
    Completed[IMG]https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-590-20091002-1/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif[/IMG]
  • choccyclaire
    • Jan 2008

This seems fair BUT what would consitute a fair time frame; that's the question.

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by choccyclaire
      This seems fair BUT what would consitute a fair time frame; that's the question.

IMHO any time within the past 4 to 6 months. 4 months if it was a leased licence and 6 months if it was an owned licence.

AT the verry least one month from the email(s) and posting date on vbulletin.com

my site is just a hobby site so the new pricing is steap for me on disability and only part time work.

getting version 4 suite would make my life easier in the long run but bankrupt me in the short run.

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
        • Nov 2005
        • 4.0.x

You would think they would pro-rate, since they are discontinuing the renewal periods.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com
          You would think they would pro-rate, since they are discontinuing the renewal periods.
          They're just renaming renewal.

Instead of $40 a year, it's $195 every 2 years.

Comment

• Edrondol
            • Aug 2009

HA! You wish! I paid for the software in late August and then for the blog on September 4. I have to pay the whole $130 upgrade or will have to shell out the whole $235 when it does come out.

Not fair, but when they got ya by the short & curlies you have two choices - leave or pony up. I ain't leaving so if they decide to give me a break it's nothing more than a bonus. I could ***** & whine all day but in the end I'll have to pay up or walk away.

Comment

• Blackbook
              • May 2009

I did it on the 20/08/09 and i've not even downloaded the most recent vb 3.8. I brought it ONLY because I get vb4...but turns out thats not quite true. I get 1 years VB4, then I must pay full price.

****ing horse****. This stinks
              It's an omen...

Comment

• Mike Anime
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

any vb rep want to chime in?

Comment

• Abomination
                  • Jul 2008

The $40 you spent got you a cheaper price for the suite - $130.
                  If you did not spend the $40 and renew your price for the suite would be $190.

So assuming you are buying the suite at this time, you are $20 ahead.

Read Rays latest announcement.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

If you wouldn't have shelled out the 40 USD, you'd be paying 190 instead of 130.

You did recieve credit in a way.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                      If you wouldn't have shelled out the 40 USD, you'd be paying 190 instead of 130.

i guess 170.00 is better than 190.00 i guess. but 130 -40 is still better though and way easier to afford.

just one detail i do need to know now. if i get the suite and i don't want it for some odd reason can i uninstall it and get a full or partial refund. i would expect any refund to be prorated based on when/if i decide to not want it.

one point i will agree with however is having more than two weeks to come up with the money would be better like the full month.

Comment

• kyrgyz
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Blackbook
                        I did it on the 20/08/09 and i've not even downloaded the most recent vb 3.8. I brought it ONLY because I get vb4...but turns out thats not quite true. I get 1 years VB4, then I must pay full price.
                        No, you pay $175. Full price is $195.

I am in the same predicament like you are. I renewed my forum license in September.

$40 + $175 =$215

* $40 is the old renewal fee.

So, for vB4 I'll end up paying about the same amount as buying a fresh license. It turns out there is really no free upgrade for me.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
                          • Apr 2008

That's very true but it is cleverly disguised in that someone who is lucky enough to have subscribed on the 30th of October last year gets the better option of not already shelled out within a month like the OP and me.

What VB fail to see so far is the unfairness in this scenario and to which i am most dissatisfied.

I have no problem with the software or the pricing itself, but the fact that it is not related to fully paid up members via their own renew dates and that the software isn't even available to install is ludricrous and somewhat of a slap in the face.
                          I don't understand why VB expect me to pay for something that is not available, only give me 2 weeks to decide if i actually want it when i can't even see what it can do for me
                          https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• GHOwner
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 3.8.x

I'm disappointed in certain vBulletin things, but why do people keep assuming things and putting them as "IT'S GONNA HAPPEN"?

As for the topic, do you not realize what the discount is? It's compensation for such a thing as renewal... So the discount itself is because of your renewal.

$130 from a $250 price tag is a big discount. Over $100 off the sale, and almost $200 off the regular price.

Exactly. The discount is specifically $250, but if you have an active, old license you get a discount of $130. So yeah, it's a discount cause of the renewal, already x.x

Originally posted by The_Gismo_Man
                            I have no problem with the software or the pricing itself, but the fact that it is not related to fully paid up members via their own renew dates and that the software isn't even available to install is ludricrous and somewhat of a slap in the face.
                            I don't understand why VB expect me to pay for something that is not available, only give me 2 weeks to decide if i actually want it when i can't even see what it can do for me
                            This I agree with though. Even more so, the lack of indepth information on the product is what makes me frustrated and not wanting to pay.

Comment

• The Gismo Man
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by GHOwner
                              As for the topic, do you not realize what the discount is? It's compensation for such a thing as renewal... So the discount itself is because of your renewal
                              You have missed the major point entirely, read my last reply, that's the main point of contention.

I think just about everyone agrees to the pricing and why it's came about, but it's just so unfair to the majority.

If it's so fair to you then great, but to others and me, it's not.
                              If you like the fact you paying for something you can't have, well, tell you what, give me $100 US right now and i'll not give you anything either
                              https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...