im lost as to what just happend here....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoTTi
    • Jul 2002

im lost as to what just happend here....

ok so i have a expired 3.8.x license that i was ready to renew, and now im not able to??

what does this mean for me in regards to this new 4.0 software? i have to pay $195 instead of the original renewal fee which was what, 80 bucks??

i have a headache right now, and im looking at the new stuff and if i am understanding it right, im now stuck in 3.8.1 on 1 community and 3.8.4 on another unless i pay $195???
  • terabyte
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

I'm in the same boat as you .... my inactive license is not even used - it was sitting and waiting for VB4

Active license == preferred customer
    Inactive license == not preferred customer

So it make us half-preferred customers I guess

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Owned license that's expired renewal fee was $60, and after it expired you had 60 days to get $20 discount, making the renewal fee $40. And adding another year to the expiry date.

Just a FYI. And yes, that's no longer valid at the moment. If you have an expired license you have to pay the vB4(suite) upgrade fee.

Comment

• GoTTi
        • Jul 2002

lol well looks like the nulled script downloads are gunna jump, so get nukepirates or whoever does the threatning for vbulletin to take down the illegal copies of forums ready for some submissions for unlicensed forums, cuz there is NO WAY people are going to pay these prices. alot will, but more will not, thats a guarantee.

Comment

• terabyte
          • Jan 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
          Owned license that's expired renewal fee was $60, and after it expired you had 60 days to get $20 discount, making the renewal fee $40. And adding another year to the expiry date.
          Yes, but you can't just pay and pay and wait and wait for the VB4 to come out. That's why I had one "waiting" license and one active.

Just a FYI. And yes, that's no longer valid at the moment. If you have an expired license you have to pay the vB4(suite) upgrade fee.
          Not true. You have to pay a full VB4 forum lincese OR discounted full Suite license. No upgrades fees!

Comment

• boatdesign
            • Jun 2001

Am I correct that the upgrade fee for someone with an inactive but owned license is $250 to the suite and is currently more than the price to buy a new suite license from scratch at $235? That doesn't seem right...
            Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

• terabyte
              • Jan 2008
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by boatdesign
              Am I correct that the upgrade fee for someone with an inactive but owned license is $250 to the suite and is currently more than the price to buy a new suite license from scratch at $235? That doesn't seem right...
              No it's actuallt the same, $235, which is stil crazy.

Comment

• Sadie Frost
                • Dec 2001
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by terabyte
                Not true. You have to pay a full VB4 forum lincese OR discounted full Suite license. No upgrades fees!
                If your owned license is "expired" you do not get the discount on the Suite. If we did, that would be fair, but we have to pay full price, as if we had leased our licenses or were new customers.

Comment

• GoTTi
                  • Jul 2002

visit http://vbirc.com/chat/

its a officail page for the vb chat. join us in there so we can discuss this garbage.

if you use mIRC, goto

Server: irc.vbirc.org
                  Port: 6667
                  Channel: #chat

we are in there. otherwise click that link above and approve the java script to load and you should join the channel

Comment

• boatdesign
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by terabyte
                    No it's actuallt the same, $235, which is stil crazy.
                    Something appears to be wrong with the pricing page then, because when I login with one of my licenses which is owned but not current, it gives me the upgrade option at $250, or $15 more for owning a license and renewing many times from 1998 vs. a brand new customer which has never been loyal to vBulletin. I don't think that my non-current owned license should get the same discount as someone who paid yesterday for support or my current license, but it's a bit of a slap in the face to someone who has paid a good amount of money to vBulletin over the past 10 years to have it priced (slightly) higher than a brand new license currently If it were a $15 savings vs. a $15 increase I'd keep my mouth shut and be happy and look forward to seeing the cool new version.
                    Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

• thedudleys
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Sadie Frost
                      If your owned license is "expired" you do not get the discount on the Suite. If we did, that would be fair, but we have to pay full price, as if we had leased our licenses or were new customers.
                      Yep. If you have an expired license, you are paying full price for the 'upgrade' which is $250 $130 (Pre-sale Price which ends Oct 30ths from what we read) for the 4.0 Publishing Suite which includes everything and if you have an active license you still have to pay that price from what we see for the suite. The only free upgrade they are offering is for the 4.0 forum which does not include everything which again is only for active licenses - not owned licenses in general, only those who do not have an expired license.

Comment

• handruin
                        • Apr 2005

I'm in the same boat. My owned license expired because I forgot to keep track of it. Had I know about this, I would have renewed on time. I've been a big supporter on a personal level recommending it to people and also the company I work for has bought several licenses. I'm rather irritated by seeing this upgrade cost and not being eligible for the upgrade pricing or at least give the option to catch up in renewals.

Comment

• GoTTi
                          • Jul 2002

we shuoldve been notified bottom line

Comment

• Cashpath
                            • May 2001

Yeah.. this is bull****

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...