X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Notorious
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Not really.. The development server is used for a lot of things. Have been running the alpha on my site behind .htaccess and it is rock solid. Yeah there are a few bugs but nothing devastating.
    Are you talking about that ninja server?

Comment

• Landy
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

As a forum software, wouldn't it be obvious to turn the official vb.com forums into the new 4.0 version, before asking people to reach for their wallets and pay for something they've just seen on some screenshots? As a kid, I used to buy games based on how cool the screenshots looked, but in the end most of the games sucked, although the screenshots clearly showed something different. Stupid.

Comment

• Jerz
        • Apr 2007
        • 3.8.x

When he says they can often be unusable to the public, he means unusable. Not a little rough around the edges.
        Have been running the alpha on my site behind .htaccess and it is rock solid.
        Right then. Well my point is I can't imagine it would be that difficult to provide a demo of the product, development forums or otherwise. If there are some specific problems with the development server, I would probably not factor them into my expectations for vB4. So, if it runs fine otherwise, I'm not seeing the problem.

Comment

• roscoe36
          • Jul 2005
          • 3.5.x

Not really.. The development server is used for a lot of things. Have been running the alpha on my site behind .htaccess and it is rock solid. Yeah there are a few bugs but nothing devastating.
          Then why can't we look at it?

Buy it but you don't know when you can get it. It's unusable but it is rock solid. It is not ok on the development server, but it is ok on my server.

Feels like we're going in circles here.

Sorry to bust on you. You're a good dude. I don't envy your job.

Comment

• Landy
            • Oct 2009
            • 3.8.x

I got a cool car if anyone wanna buy it. Got a few pictures, but you gotta pre purchase it within the next two weeks and I'll give you an awesome discount, you have my word! Just send me some money and I'll ship it your way as soon as I've gotten around to put the parts on the chassis...

Comment

• Grover
              • May 2001
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by version2
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=64

Whoever is running your product development / customer relations department should be fired. 10 years ago when I bought vb to start a *forum*, I might have thought differently. Now that I am VP of major financial institution (and only think about my *forums* in spare time), I don't.

That was stupid.

Give access to the development forums as a preview or stop spamming people with empty marketing ploys.
              Wholeheartedly agree with this, like so many other customers do. What a sad phase in the history of vBulletin this is.
              How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...