X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimmer
    • Apr 2007
    • 3.5.x

Question about exp. date on 4.0 purchase license

I went ahead and purchased my 4.0 upgrade (SITE UNSEEN!), but noticed that the exp. date of the new license for 4.0 is a year from today? How can it expire a year from today when I can't even download it yet? Please tell me you are going to correct this upon download! I know alot of people are ticked over no demo, but i'm going with my gut feeling of trusting you guys are coming out with a slam dunk, so i'm not missing the savings..lol. If you could, please let me know about the expiration date of the new license. Thanks!
  • Blackjack
    • Dec 2000

I had a feeling it would do that lol
    Me: Gryphon | My vBulletin Hacks
    Sites: Allied Tribal Forces | The Hounds of Zeus | PlanetSide-Universe

Comment

• kimmer
      • Apr 2007
      • 3.5.x

Man, a fricken reply would be nice. Is this what we have to look forward to as part of our vb 4.0 customer service?

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by kimmer
        I went ahead and purchased my 4.0 upgrade (SITE UNSEEN!), but noticed that the exp. date of the new license for 4.0 is a year from today? How can it expire a year from today when I can't even download it yet? Please tell me you are going to correct this upon download! I know alot of people are ticked over no demo, but i'm going with my gut feeling of trusting you guys are coming out with a slam dunk, so i'm not missing the savings..lol. If you could, please let me know about the expiration date of the new license. Thanks!
        It's a bug in the system display for vB 4.0 suite purchases as there is no expiry date in reality. See the licensed forum sticky at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320893

1) I purchased the suite upgrade and was under the impression that it would not expire. Why does it show an expiration date?

This is an artifact of the license transition from the old license and the new vBulletin 4.0 license. This will have no affect on your ability to run, update or receive support for vBulletin 4.x.
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...