Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boatdesign
    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by gerbil249
    If your going to make such a big promotion, at least let the people see what they are buying.
    Exactly. The mass email (got two) today that (quoting email from vbulletin product updates "Today, we are proud to introduce the new vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite product that includes the power of the vBulletin 4.0 Forums with a seamlessly integrated content management system (CMS) and blogging platform." was quite out of character for vbulletin and probably not a good idea if they really are still in alpha and not nearly close to introducing it to their general customer base. People, including myself, have been eagerly awaiting 4.0 for a long time now, and so for some reason the marketing department has decided to dangle some raw meat in front of their pack of hungry dogs, meanwhile the developers have no food ready yet
    Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

• JohnQPublic
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by boatdesign
      Exactly. The mass email (got two) today that (quoting email from vbulletin product updates "Today, we are proud to introduce the new vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite product that includes the power of the vBulletin 4.0 Forums with a seamlessly integrated content management system (CMS) and blogging platform." was quite out of character for vbulletin and probably not a good idea if they really are still in alpha and not nearly close to introducing it to their general customer base. People, including myself, have been eagerly awaiting 4.0 for a long time now, and so for some reason the marketing department has decided to dangle some raw meat in front of their pack of hungry dogs, meanwhile the developers have no food ready yet
      Yep.

I bought vbulletin and was promised 4.0 within a year....

It never came. They LIED.

Now they want more money?

I don't think so.

JelSoft has never cared about their customers and never will.

Comment

• JohnQPublic
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.5.x

I just tried to post somewhere else and was not allowed...

See? That is how JelSoft helps customers.

They prevent them from telling the truth about their horrible tactics.

Comment

• Budweiser
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Yea..

I just got the "
          Announcing the Presale Event for vBulletin 4.0 Suite and Important License Changes" email and came here to check out the new product.

It is not being used on this site yet. I have to see/try it before buying. Why isn't it being used here yet???

Comment

• boatdesign
            • Jun 2001

I do respect the vbulletin develoeprs a lot and I like vbulletin a bunch. I don't much care for today's "vertising" email, but I'll go back to work now and hope to see a demo or at least more detailed info soon. No big deal. We've been waiting this long, and we can wait a while longer. I've asked them stupid questions in the past so I can easily forgive them teasing and taunting me today with the "tease" email.
            Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

• pewp
              • Jan 2008

I was hoping to see a demo as well. I got the email even though I'm not holding an active license, it expired a few months back. It's too bad they aren't giving the deal to anyone that held an active license in 2009. Given the small updates and crappy economy, I just couldn't justify renewing the license.

Pending a demo or some something more than they are giving in terms of a preview of this new system, I would be willing to buy this. Spending 250 on the publishing suite is a bit high, but I would love a nice, clean all in one solution that doesn't require a ton of additional add-ons. I tried to renew today in hopes that I could get the upgrade price that way, but no dice.

The only way to get an upgrade at this point is to pay 250, or start with a new license. I think that's kind of a slap in the face to license holders that maybe have let their licenses expire for a little while.

Comment

• JAugusto
                • Apr 2008

Has VB domain been hijacked?

Comment

• Nadeemjp
                  • Sep 2008

i am highly disappointed with jelsoft.we were told at the beginning when we were purchasingthat our license is LIFE-TIME and we can renew for 60 or 40 bucks.now we have to pay 250 every time major point is released? this is hilarious.i think i will be better off to spend the rest of my license time using the current version and once the license is expired, i will go over to IPB. i will have to pay the same amount i.e., 250 and then at least there will be no bull**** to couff up extra bucks. and to my amazing, no mod or admin is coming up here to explain the frustration customers are facing. it is maybe simply a tactic played by them to see what the reaction is for this outrageous ploy. this is unjust, unfair and utterly self centered appraoch. could we the customers use legal action against jelsoft?

Comment

• gerbil249
                    • Jul 2009

I would hope at least a video and screen shots are offered. It takes less than 10 minutes to properly crop screen shots.

Comment

• Heavier
                      • Dec 2006

It takes less than 10 minutes to properly crop screen shots.
                      You're assuming they have something to take screenshots of...

Comment

• gerbil249
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heavier
                        You're assuming they have something to take screenshots of...
                        Yes, every single person can.

Keyboard > press on the keyboard Prt Scr > edit > Paste on Paint > upload it on a image hosting site < give us the URL to the image.

I have taken 340 pics using it.

Comment

• Heavier
                          • Dec 2006

Yes, every single person can.

Keyboard > press on the keyboard Prt Scr > edit > Paste on Paint > upload it on a image hosting site < give us the URL to the image.

I have taken 340 pics using it.
                          of

not with

of

As in, vB 4 is not ready.

Comment

• gerbil249
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Heavier
                            of

not with

of

As in, vB 4 is not ready.
                            No................

Jelsoft claims they will take screen shots on the 30th of October, or around then. Why does it take them 3 weeks to do something that takes 10 mins?

Comment

• Heavier
                              • Dec 2006

No................

Jelsoft claims they will take screen shots on the 30th of October, or around then. Why does it take them 3 weeks to do something that takes 10 mins?
                              Beats me.

Comment

• pewp
                                • Jan 2008

If it weren't for the email the website would be very misleading. It reads:

Order Now!
                                • Upgrade to 4.0 Publishing Suite, get $120 off
                                • Buy a new 4.0 Publishing Suite, get $50 off

Which would make me assume that since I'd be upgrading I'd get it for the discounted price, which is just not sitting well with me. I've been a Vbulletin license holder for, to be honest, I cannot remember, I'm thinking it's been since the early days of 3.x. I just feel like people in my situation are getting a raw deal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...