Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerbil249
    • Jul 2009

Pre-Sale 4.0 Vbulletin No DEMO?

I love vbulletin honestly, and I would spend any amount of cash to upgrade to 4.0. Even if the price was $300 or $400, for 4.0, I would still pay it. I came here with the intention of seeing a demo of the product. If you are going to present such a a big promotion, us customers need to see the actual demo before we put down any big amount of money.

What angers me, is that, you offer us a huge discount and sale and we don't even get to see what it is like.

Maybe you could create a demo, and just make it with errors and glitches, and have them fixed by the release.

Please, just let us see what we are buying.
  • CarterMarkham
    • Apr 2008

Im curious to know why vBulletin.com isnt used for beta testing...

Comment

• gerbil249
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by CarterMarkham
      yeah

Comment

• Mr. Mikey
        • Feb 2009

Usually it is, gets upgraded with every GOLD release, it's just vB4 is being released different.
        My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
        My Blog: Mikeylicious
        Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

Comment

• jtech77
          • Aug 2009

Does anyone realize that there are like 10 similar threads. Man I feel sorry for the mods here..

Comment

• roscoe36
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by locachica
            Does anyone realize that there are like 10 similar threads. Man I feel sorry for the mods here..
            Happens on all of our forums too.

When you do something unpopular and don't communicate it clearly, this is the result. Any forum admin could tell you this is what to expect.

Comment

• kyrgyz
              • Oct 2007

I was surprised too. Saw all new vBulletin main page and was excited to see the new vB4 forum, and then....kaboosh...froze staring at old girl vB3.8.4

Comment

• pipin
                • May 2003
                • 3.8.x

cause vB 4.0 is in Alpha 5 stage, they stated before that they might bring the beta online here.
                regards
                Jens

Open Source: TGS CMS (vB-Content-Bridge) / Planet 3DNow! / Change prefixes with AJAX

Comment

• Justice
                  • May 2000
                  • 2.0.x

I'm glad this thread was made specifically though.

Jelsoft "accidentally" sends out a mass email to people with inactive owned licenses, telling us we have a few days to pre-order an upgrade at a discount price. Nice marketing tactic, beautiful new front page, but where is the preview? The CMS doesn't even appear to be using any widgets or SEO friendly URLs.

I hope their is an adequate live preview before the discount runs out, because these are very exciting times.
                  "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• CarterMarkham
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by pipin
                    cause vB 4.0 is in Alpha 5 stage, they stated before that they might bring the beta online here.
                    You sound like you have some inside info...How close to Beta are we?

Comment

• pipin
                      • May 2003
                      • 3.8.x

You sound like you have some inside info...How close to Beta are we?
                      No, I don't. The Alpha 5 stage was mentioned on vb.org.
                      regards
                      Jens

Open Source: TGS CMS (vB-Content-Bridge) / Planet 3DNow! / Change prefixes with AJAX

Comment

• gerbil249
                        • Jul 2009

If your going to make such a big promotion, at least let the people see what they are buying.

Comment

• NetRover
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by locachica
                          The main one was a valid chat about trying to sell the product without a demo.

It was closed in an almost childish way of having the last word saying the best we will get before the offer window closes is screen shots.

So in theory the more that get closed, the more work they will have to do.

People are only giving a positive view on a valid reason not to part with any money.

We are the customers and always right!! lol

Comment

• R1lover
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 3.8.x

I just can't get over the fact that they want people to buy something without knowning anything about it or even seeing it.... lmao how backasswards is that?

I want to sell you a new car..... it's cool.... but you can't see it yet as we are still sanding it and getting ready for paint.... hand over 50k and you will get it next year sometime....

Sound like a deal? if so send me the 50k please.
                            www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• gerbil249
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by R1lover
                              I just can't get over the fact that they want people to buy something without knowning anything about it or even seeing it.... lmao how backasswards is that?

I want to sell you a new car..... it's cool.... but you can't see it yet as we are still sanding it and getting ready for paint.... hand over 50k and you will get it next year sometime....

Sound like a deal? if so send me the 50k please.
                              Exactly my point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...