Pre-Sale 4.0 Vbulletin No DEMO?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomc28
    • Nov 2006

My annual license expired recently and was awaiting 4.0 to renew for my annual deal. I can understand the frustration everyone is having here. I would hope someone from JelSoft will come aboard and clarify all points.

Jelsoft can do what they want...and will keep many of us. Changing the program to an annual fee versus a version fee will give them a ton of $$$ if they keep moving thru the versions.

And with this new plan, how long do they stay with each version? Is this outlined in detail? A new version annually will cost us 2X's as much?

Comment

• CarterMarkham
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by tomc28
      My annual license expired recently and was awaiting 4.0 to renew for my annual deal. I can understand the frustration everyone is having here. I would hope someone from JelSoft will come aboard and clarify all points.

Jelsoft can do what they want...and will keep many of us. Changing the program to an annual fee versus a version fee will give them a ton of $$$ if they keep moving thru the versions.

And with this new plan, how long do they stay with each version? Is this outlined in detail? A new version annually will cost us 2X's as much?
      Do you ALWAYS need the latest version? A lot of forums still use 3.5 or 3.6. 4.0 is a giant leap and I think it will be worth it, but what makes you think you will need to go to 5.x?

Jeez, some people still use Windows 98.

Comment

• MikesSite
        • Jan 2009
        • 3.8.x

Whatever, I'll pay and wait a little while long. It's not that big of a deal.

And BTW, is it just me or are people complaining about no screen shots and there are screen shots right here? http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots
        Last edited by MikesSite; Tue 13 Oct '09, 7:03pm.

Comment

• pewp
          • Jan 2008

I swear that was just added. There was no screenshot tab when I was viewing that page.

Comment

• wacnstac
            • Jul 2000
            • 3.6.x

Looks like they copied and pasted some stuff right out of Joomla and Photoshopped it. Come on man we gotta see a live demo.

Comment

• gerbil249
              • Jul 2009

I would like a screen shot of the admincp. That is one thing I have to see.

Comment

• gerbil249
                • Jul 2009

bumping this up.

Comment

• gerbil249
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by locachica
                  Does anyone realize that there are like 10 similar threads. Man I feel sorry for the mods here..
                  Yeah, locking 10 threads, spending 2 seconds of your life must be hard.

Comment

• Mr. Mikey
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by gerbil249
                    Yeah, locking 10 threads, spending 2 seconds of your life must be hard.
                    Infracting people like you must be harder, oh wait, that's probably enjoyable.
                    My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
                    My Blog: Mikeylicious
                    Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

Comment

• copiertalk
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by CarterMarkham

Jeez, some people still use Windows 98.
                      And those people that use Windows 98 are open to security flaws that have not and will not be fixed once the software went end of life.

That is the benefit of ( or used to be) an active license. I could upgrade when I wanted to for $40. Now it will cost me more per license.
                      www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

• Alteran Ancient
                        • May 2005
                        • 3.8.x

I wouldn't mind being able to take a look at the copy on Area 51, just to see what it's like, and to try it out before I upgraded. I think this has been rushed a bit.
                        -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                        This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

• gerbil249
                          • Jul 2009

ahh, what is the difference between the suite and the other offer?

Comment

• Grover
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by gerbil249
                            I love vbulletin honestly, and I would spend any amount of cash to upgrade to 4.0. Even if the price was $300 or $400, for 4.0, I would still pay it. I came here with the intention of seeing a demo of the product. If you are going to present such a a big promotion, us customers need to see the actual demo before we put down any big amount of money.

What angers me, is that, you offer us a huge discount and sale and we don't even get to see what it is like.

Maybe you could create a demo, and just make it with errors and glitches, and have them fixed by the release.

Please, just let us see what we are buying.
                            Exactly! After so much outrage 1 of the biggest issues (those customers with expired owned licenses) has been solved, now we are still left with the presale comedy:

Originally posted by feldon23
                            Sorry a one-liner post in the middle of a thread is not an ANNOUNCEMENT with a SPECIFIC DATE, PRODUCT ROADMAP. I expected an ANNOUNCEMENT stating a specific date. I let my license expire, as thousands of other customers (some of us have been with Jelsoft for 8 years on this ride, proselytizing others to switch to vB because it's the best software) because we did not care for vB3.8. And now we are starting from scratch as new customers.

And if you had vB + Blog, you have a gun to your head to renew in the next 12 days or you are cast down with the rest of us. A product that probably won't be released and demo until January 2010.
                            Originally posted by Grover

EXACTLY! I am truly sincerely sorry to find out that Feldon and all the other critique followers of the IB take-over where right all along. The old development team (who left en masse) were also right. I was wrong and decided to give IB a chance. I thought IB was the best thing that had happened to Jelsoft in recent years.

I stand corrected. To make my point clear: I WILL NOT DO ANYMORE BUSSINESS WITH IB. I will NOT upgrade to vB 4 or the Suite and I will certainly NOT recommend this new 'company' and product to any other personal and business contacts I have. I am ashamed, I really am.

Unless IB solves BOTH issues mentioned so rightly by Feldon. It needs to be solved IMMEDIATELY and I think excuses are due. I really do.
                            The total outrage that has been caused by IB's customer 'relations' has led to 1 'solution' immediately:

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
                            Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
                            This is an solution that was suggested exactly by customer camulos overhere:

Originally posted by camulos
                            The solution is simple. They should add an upgrade path for owned licenses that are inactive.

4.0 Forums:
                            Owned (Active) = $0
                            Owned (Inactive) = $60
                            New = $195

4.0 Suite
                            Owned (Active) = $130
                            Owned (Inactive = $190
                            New = $235
                            Since I waited (for good reason... I thought) with the renewal of my expired owned vB Forum+Blog licence for more then 60 days it would have cost me 60$ (instead of the 40$ which you pay if you renew before those 60 days)

So, if I renewed my license I would have invested 60$ in the first place. Then I would (as an owned active licence holder) have got the suite for 130$, which makes it a total investment of: 60+130= 190$

And this is exactly what they are offering now. 1 unbelievable problem solved, after much outrage.

That still leaves the other appalling issue Feldon mentions:

And if you had vB + Blog, you have a gun to your head to renew in the next 12 days or you are cast down with the rest of us. A product that probably won't be released and demo until January 2010.
                            This also needs to be solved ASAP to take IB serious ever again.
                            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...