Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dfaonxa
    • Mar 2004

License expiration & 4.0 promo pricing

Three questions for you. I just got the email about the 4.0 presale, offered to me because I have an active license.

My license will expire before the end of the promotional period (it'll lapse in just a couple of days). Like others, I'd really like to see more of what 4.0 is going to offer before committing; at least waiting until October 30 to see what you can show by then. I'm also definitely not going to renew my license when it expires, since I'm seriously considering upgrading to 4.0.

1 - Once my license expires, am I still eligible for the $130 upgrade price?

Also:

Beginning today, we are introducing new a license structure. vBulletin is changing to a one-time owned license fee for each major point release. That means no more annual renewal fees. Once you purchase a major point version, you’ll receive maintenance, security and minor point releases for the life of 4.x.
    2 - Fantastic! I purchased a license for vB3. Is it now permanent, no more license renewals? If so, great! If not, why not? (perhaps my question about license expiration is moot )

3 - Finally - you've got the presale going for 4.0. When will it be actually *available*?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...