Where is the demo for vBulletin 4.0, where is a complete list of screen shots?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconfinance
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.5.x

Where is the demo for vBulletin 4.0, where is a complete list of screen shots?

If you want us to pony up the cash to preorder this thing, can you at least give us a chance to demo the product and see it in action? I didn't see anything on the home page or features page that showed me a video, a complete set of images of the different aspects of the software, or a link to a live demo. If you don't have it, please let us know when its available.
  • Blackjack
    • Dec 2000

Yeah. I am not pre-ordering anything without seeing anything but a comparison chart.
    Me: Gryphon | My vBulletin Hacks
    Sites: Allied Tribal Forces | The Hounds of Zeus | PlanetSide-Universe

Comment

• Markro
      • Jun 2004

I won't be paying for anything until I see a demo as well.

Comment

• dieselpowered
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

I have to agree, I would like to see a demo before I make any decision to purchase.
        CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• Bubble #5
          • Apr 2005
          • 4.2.X

LOL

I was just going to start a thread asking where the demo is too. Looks like there's a lot of people who are wondering the same thing. Not sure why vB would announce anything without FIRST having a demo set up for people to actually see. I am interested in upgrading, but I'm not paying a penny for anything until I see what I'm getting for all this extra money...

Comment

• Hamma
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Blackjack
            Yeah. I am not pre-ordering anything without seeing anything but a comparison chart.
            Same here!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Screenshots will be up as soon as possible. The demo will not be updated to vBulletin 4.0 until after it goes gold.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• version2
                • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Screenshots will be up as soon as possible. The demo will not be updated to vBulletin 4.0 until after it goes gold.
                Then where is the dev forum?
                version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
                Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• cmeinck
                  • Aug 2004

I'm using a Joomla/Wordpress front end right now. I've been contemplating a move to Wordpress. I too found myself looking for a demo of what this is going to look like.

Comment

• crazyfruitbat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Same here guys, if you want me to move over from joomla where I already have hundreds of articles I will certainly need convincing that your CMS is as equal to Joomla before putting down the cash.

We need a demo
                    My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

• alpha
                      • May 2001

I think the question is whether or not we'll be able to test and work with vB4 before October 30th which is when the presale ends.

Comment

• KidCharlemane
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by alpha
                        I think the question is whether or not we'll be able to test and work with vB4 before October 30th which is when the presale ends.
                        I think thats been answered. I think thats a bad move on Jelsoft's part but its their party.

Comment

• sross
                          • Mar 2004

It will probably be pretty slick but not something I'll be able to afford. It sounds like all my custom modifications would disappear under 4.0, it would cost me 1,000's to rebuild from the ground up. I suppose eventually I will have to bite the bullet and do this but I still hope to get atleast 2-3yrs out of 3.8.x it's been working well for me.

Comment

• jrcal
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 3.8.x

Seriously. I have been very patient waiting for vB4 - now I login to my admincp and have a PAGELONG pre-sale offer - but I still CAN'T SEE WHAT I'M PAYING FOR.

Jellsoft has been pissing me off with the development of vB4. The way they have been managing their interactions with their stakeholders is complete crap.

We just hit our 500,000th post this week. For the first time I'm actually considering IPboard.

Comment

• </blunted>
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 3.8.x

cart, horse
                              "I actually ignored at least 20 of your attacks before I ever came back at you." -- Lawrence Cole

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...