Where is the demo for vBulletin 4.0, where is a complete list of screen shots?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr1
    • Dec 2003
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

This is all "A$$" backwards. If you're going to build up curiosity and hype, at least let your audience get a taste of the product.

Comment

• WoodiE
      • May 2002

I must say, I truly laughed out loud when I seen this in the announcement forum...

As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.
      And then seen this comment from Wayne...

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Screenshots will be up as soon as possible. The demo will not be updated to vBulletin 4.0 until after it goes gold.
      Jelsoft is absolutely hysterical! "Hurry give us your $130 as quick as you can, oh but you can't see what it is your buying" Does it get any better than this Jelsoft?

We can give you our money but you can't give us a demo of ANY kind? Not even a beta or development demo? How about screen shots - or is that to much to ask?

You guys are quick to ask for our money but sure as heck ain't giving us anything in return. So what, next week you guys are going to start taking Pre-Orders on vBulletin 5?
      Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

• WoodiE
        • May 2002

Originally posted by </blunted>
        cart, horse
        Simple and to the point - well put. Jelsoft couldn't be any more backwards than they are right now.
        Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

• burntire
          • Jun 2006

I was excited for a second. This is a poor marketing plan. I want to see a demo.
          www.highperformancestangs.com

Comment

• CarterMarkham
            • Apr 2008

Easy guys. I just talked to someone on the phone from sales and they hinted a possible demo out before the 30th. When has Jelsoft really let you down? Take a deep breath and relax. No one from Jelsoft is going to reply if you talk like this.

Comment

• bstillman
              • Jun 2007
              • 3.8.x

You want us to drop $130 without even giving us screenshots? Seriously?

Comment

• Markro
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CarterMarkham
                Easy guys. I just talked to someone on the phone from sales and they hinted a possible demo out before the 30th. When has Jelsoft really let you down? Take a deep breath and relax. No one from Jelsoft is going to reply if you talk like this.
                I'll be honest, I don't think anyone here is making irrational demands . Demo and/or screenshots with a pre-sales release seem to go hand-in-hand. Although I may be wrong....

Comment

• jrcal
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 3.8.x

No one from Jelsoft is going to reply if you talk like this.
                  Great business tactic - piss your customers off, and then don't respond to them.

Comment

• smnet
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.8.x

If that were the case then why didnt wayne say so in this post? It would avoided this totally predictable reverb of similar posts.

Comment

• NetRover
                      • Jul 2004

It is bizzar though to try and sell licenses without a demo.

I've never bought anything by that method before.

Comment

• Mangler
                        • Jan 2003

I have been using vBulletin for a good 7 years now. I have two owned licenses. I have been promoting vB pretty much the whole time I have used it because I think it's a great product. But, the $500.00 I would have to spend to bring both licenses to v4 pretty much prices me out of it.

It is really going to stink trying to find and learn a new forum software but thats my only option. The economy is in the crapper and I have been out of work for over a year. Thanks vB for a great product over the years, sure wish I could tag along for v4 and beyond.

Comment

• jrcal
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by smnet
                          If that were the case then why didnt wayne say so in this post? It would avoided this totally predictable reverb of similar posts.
                          Better yet - launch the product, and then offer an early-bird discount to customers.

Comment

• Delroy
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 3.0.0 Gamma

When I saw the new site design I was very excited. When I clicked the forum link and saw this same old 3.8.4 I was really disappointed. I felt like I was just spammed.

Also...someone please update that darn blog.
                            Last edited by Delroy; Tue 13 Oct '09, 3:31pm.
                            In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

http://www.bahamasissues.com
                            Finding Solutions Together.

Comment

• hockeyshare
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 3.8.x

You'd also think they'd at least make mention of an expected (even approximate) release date. Instead of...hurry up, give us your $130 for a product you can't see and we won't tell you when exactly it will be available.

...not sure I understand the logic here

...nice shiny new front page though...all it's missing are screenshots and demos

Comment

• jtech77
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mangler
                                I have been using vBulletin for a good 7 years now. I have two owned licenses. I have been promoting vB pretty much the whole time I have used it because I think it's a great product. But, the $500.00 I would have to spend to bring both licenses to v4 pretty much prices me out of it.

It is really going to stink trying to find and learn a new forum software but thats my only option. The economy is in the crapper and I have been out of work for over a year. Thanks vB for a great product over the years, sure wish I could tag along for v4 and beyond.
                                $500? It reads $130 for me? =260 for you.
                                Yeah after I saw the pretty new homepage I was hoping for a pretty new forum! I'm curious will there be awesome themes or not ?

Hmm. this is interesting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...