X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

Credit Card purchase

Submitted a purchase using the company credit card yesterday and it was cancelled because it was flagged as high risk.

What other options are there since we do not have paypal (probably even more risky) and Wiring is not an option?

Neither of these are any good for us

~ Metacharge (Paypoint)
    ~ Instantly via PayPal
    ~ Wire Transfer

To say I'm frustated is an understatement

Mark
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

hum, maybe purchase it yourself and in 6 months transfer it to your company...

but Jelsoft guys will have a better solution.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Things that will flag a transanction as high risk include:
      - Using a free email address.
      - Using a card outside the country it was issued in or more than 1000 miles away from its issue address.
      - Not entering the address information correctly. It should match your billing statement exactly.

All of the above are indicators of fraudulent use.

Unfortunately, the only methods we have for purchasing are the ones you listed as not workable.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sparky
        • Dec 2005
        • 4.2.x

Ahh, all I can think of is the billing/order detail was different.

if it was that it would have been nice to be informed rather than an ominous 'high risk' email

I guess we'll have to try again

Comment

• xXArmedMoeXx
          • Jun 2009

I Tried That but unfortaunlty Vbulletin didn't give me my license.Haha Frauders

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by xXArmedMoeXx
            I Tried That but unfortaunlty Vbulletin didn't give me my license.Haha Frauders

vB is as legit as it gets i run vB on my site as do many many others.

sparky when you purchase a vB licence it states that all info you enter for credit cards must match exactley right above the area you enter the address information. i know as i just renued my licence a moment ago

Comment

• Geni
              • Oct 2008
              • 3.8.x

And it still does not work sometimes. Here is my problem, I live in Serbia and my credit card is issued in Hungary as the regional center of my bank is located there. All the cards issued in this entire region are manufactured in Hungary and (unfortunately) the payment processors see them as Hungarian cards. A problem I cannot solve. My billing address is correct to the letter but to no avail .

PayPal solved that problem .

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

See my post above. Using a card outside the country it was issued in is a big indication of fraud and one of the things checked. Also certain countries have higher incidents of fraud over others and that is held against all card holders in that country. Unfortunately, this is something we need to do in order to keep credit card costs down.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sparky
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  See my post above. Using a card outside the country it was issued in is a big indication of fraud and one of the things checked. Also certain countries have higher incidents of fraud over others and that is held against all card holders in that country. Unfortunately, this is something we need to do in order to keep credit card costs down.
                  I would think you're refering to online transactions only, as millions of people use their credit cards outside of the country they were issued.

I sorted the purchase in the end, simply used the same credit card and the recommended method and all worked ok.

Comment

• marc9317
                    • Sep 2009

New platform

you could always try a new online payment platform. Just google it. Escrow etc.

Comment

• craiovaforum
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 3.7.x

Also my credit card is being declined by Metacharge. It has been doing so for the last few years in which my only means of payment was by requesting an invoice, calling one of the listed Jelsoft numbers and leaving my credit card in a voicemail message.
                      Every year I had to do this.
                      Wayne, will this method of payment be available again in the future?

Comment

• IncubuRs
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 3.8.x

same happens always here with credit card payments and I have to buy with wire transfere

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...