Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahmadkg14
    • Sep 2009

renew prices of Leased license

please can i know the price of the renew of the leased license after the first year past ? and if the renew include the updates ? and i can renew without updates and pay less ?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The leased license is $100.00 per year. Basically you buy a new lease every year and are required to do so while you run the software. Leases include updates as long as they are valid. You cannot renew without updates.

If you want to purchase a license for the least money over time, purchase an Owned license. There is no mandatory renewal with the owned license. You only have to do so if you want access to updates. It costs less than 2 years of the leased license and you can use it indefinitely.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      The leased license is $100.00 per year. Basically you buy a new lease every year and are required to do so while you run the software. Leases include updates as long as they are valid. You cannot renew without updates.

If you want to purchase a license for the least money over time, purchase an Owned license. There is no mandatory renewal with the owned license. You only have to do so if you want access to updates. It costs less than 2 years of the leased license and you can use it indefinitely.

take it from someone who learned the hard way, Wayne Lukes' advise is solid go the owned licence route look at the renewal cost of the owned

it's only $40 up to 60 days after the expiry date, After that the cost is $60.

Comment

• choccyclaire
        • Jan 2008

I don't understand why anyone would bother to get a leased licence?!

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by choccyclaire
          #1 They do have only that much money
          #2 They are not sure that their forum will survive
          #3 Could be because of taxation
          #4 etc.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• -AM-
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by choccyclaire
            Ditto. Speaking of which, I'm curious how many leased licenses are sold compared to owned licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...