Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NetRover
    • Jul 2004

Vbulletin as a profile based website

Hi there VB, already a customer but this is still a presales question for another website and VB license.

I know may way around VB fairly well and a new site I want to do would mainly want to make use of profiles and the advanced search for the member list.

I know Vb will do the type of searches I need through members profiles but can't really find anything else. I would only need a few forums for chat.

My main question is:-

If I made really detailed profiles and the main feature of the site would be searching them, would this be ok on a dedicated server?

next question:-

I would want to create variations of the advanced search in the member list and and lots of simpler versions.

Woudl this be easy to do and would I use templates or copy the memberlist search php file.

I done a test using the method of copying the php file on my licensed forums and edit the form fields to simplify it. I always get logged out though or security token errors.

If this sounds possible which I think it is then that would be good news for my buying another license from you.
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

main question: no need of a dedicated server just to have search functions, or you have millions of members. if your site goal is not to have attachments and long discussions, there is way less data to store.

for the secondary question, you need custom search?... like this:?

this image show two userfields, but each "searchable" field is listed there when you need them. this can be a navbar popup or a singular block or even a page for seaching.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• NetRover
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by nexialys
      main question: no need of a dedicated server just to have search functions, or you have millions of members. if your site goal is not to have attachments and long discussions, there is way less data to store.

for the secondary question, you need custom search?... like this:?

this image show two userfields, but each "searchable" field is listed there when you need them. this can be a navbar popup or a singular block or even a page for seaching.
      Hi mate, thanks for replying. I think we've crossed paths before on vb.org.

That certainly looks useful to me if on pages as your post says.

Thank you for the info about the searches. I'm really pleased to know that as for some reason I assumed searching as a strain.

The data in the profiles will probably contain most standard form elements including check boxes etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...