• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manny0131
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Start from scratch Q's?

Hi there,
    I purchased a VBulletin licence back in October 2008, the website was running ok ever since that day untill a few days ago. I believe the server was hacked and everything might been lost, sad part is that I did not have a Back up and I dont know where the domain was hosted due to a purchase from a "Host Reseller".
    My main question is, since I own this licence can I build a brand new site using the same vbulletin licence and same domain name?

Aditional questions: Can I also re-use my VBSEO and VBadvanced software??

I think ive lost everything and the only option is starting from scratch,

Opinions/Sugestions??

Thanks
    Manny
    [Emanuel]:cool:
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

Yes you certainly can, next time.. keep a few backups on home computer.. your host should backup every day to a remote server...
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• manny0131
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

OMG, Thanks!!! Im really pumped on doing it "All over again" People wanted me off and the got it....but guess what? ILL BE BACK MO**^$#KAS!! lol
      Sorry, im drunk already, its been a nightmare loosing everything due to envy.

What about the others aplications? VBSEo and Vbadvanced? Should be the same huh?
      [Emanuel]:cool:

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

You would have to contact them about those third-party add-ons.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ---MAD---
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.8.x

Using a decent host would also be a good place to start over. I don't have any suggestions but if you ask around I am sure you will get a big list of respected hosts (that are also affordable) to start your forums over on.

Comment

• Carlos 360
            Banned
            • May 2008
            • 3.7.x

VBadvanced is still free. VBSEO on the other hand is still free if you own one; you just need to renew your upgrades portion of your license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...