X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baba Wawa
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Nick
    Spreading information that isn't confirmed is not any better than sharing information that is "old" (even though it really isn't old; it's still holds true).
    Actually, it is LOTS better, especially if it is hedged around with qualifiers, as my replies were. Unconfirmed-information from a reliable source, properly qualified, is LOTS better than giving old information that we know will be out of date very soon.

The real way to answer questions like these would be: Currently, the way it works is ______. However, there are some major changes imminent, so keep an eye on the Announcements forum in order to be informed of these new changes.
    Whatever. The point is NOT to keep repeating old information as though it had been handed down from Mt. Sinai -- when we know that it is about as useful as last week's grocery list.

Comment

• Baba Wawa
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by RedHacker7
      Ι have one question: i pay January vBulletin "vBulletin (Owned License)".
      When expire how many money pay...?
      The point is, RH7, that no one can answer this question right now.

The company could surely tell us what the price structure will be in the future, but they have decided not to until, I guess, the release of vBulletin 4 sometime later this year.

We know that significant changes have been discussed and that some change will take place.

What that change will be, we customers currently do not know.

As a result, the certainty you are seeking is simply unavailable at the present time.
      Last edited by Baba Wawa; Fri 7 Aug '09, 7:13am.

Comment

• RedHacker7
        • Jan 2009
        • 3.8.x

I dont speak good English can we speak please how many pay for the vBulletin....?

Comment

• Baba Wawa
          • Feb 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by RedHacker7
          I dont speak good English can we speak please how many pay for the vBulletin....?
          No one knows.

The prices will change. Soon.

Maybe in September? (Maybe later.)

We are all waiting.

Just like you.

Comment

• Jobe1986
            • Jan 2007
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Baba Wawa
            The prices will change. Soon.

Maybe in September? (Maybe later.)
            Or maybe not even at all, nothing has been confirmed, nothing has been announced, and there is nothing official that says what you say is true. You are simply spending your time spout potentially misleading information to new users. The leaked information that YOU are basing your potentially false informationw ere nothing more then a discussion, the details of which are likely to change, or not even come to light. The ONLY accurate information, and only acceptable information is the details that are true NOW, the details you claim are old, are not old, they are current and accurate. Please note I'm not denying that things could change, I am simply pointing out that the information you are supplying has a HUGE potential to be far more inaccurate then the CURRENT information about pricing. For all you know the leaked plans could have already been scrapped, or ammended in such a way that what you believe to be true simply is not true. So I suggest, for your own sake, to prevent you making yourself look stupid if things have changed from the leaked info, you simply stop spouting information that is not PRESENTLY true.
            http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

• Sysop9001
              • Jul 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jobe1986
              Or maybe not even at all, nothing has been confirmed, nothing has been announced, and there is nothing official that says what you say is true. You are simply spending your time spout potentially misleading information to new users. The leaked information that YOU are basing your potentially false informationw ere nothing more then a discussion, the details of which are likely to change, or not even come to light. The ONLY accurate information, and only acceptable information is the details that are true NOW, the details you claim are old, are not old, they are current and accurate. Please note I'm not denying that things could change, I am simply pointing out that the information you are supplying has a HUGE potential to be far more inaccurate then the CURRENT information about pricing. For all you know the leaked plans could have already been scrapped, or ammended in such a way that what you believe to be true simply is not true. So I suggest, for your own sake, to prevent you making yourself look stupid if things have changed from the leaked info, you simply stop spouting information that is not PRESENTLY true.
              At the end this is true, there's only official info about that, the other things are only "rumors" not yet official announcement about new policy as been released.

Comment

• Nick
                • Feb 2008
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jobe1986
                If only I could have stated it as clearly as you did. Very nice post.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Thank you everyone for your answers. I believe this thread has been answered and there is no further reason to continue the conversation.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...