May i modify de forum index, in order to show some forums in a subdomain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horseguards
    • Jul 2009

May i modify de forum index, in order to show some forums in a subdomain?

Hi

I always liked vBulletin, and now I am seriously thinking about buying it. I have a rather complex idea, and I wanna know if I can do it.

My website is about dogs, and I want to create let's say 20 forums. Of them, 10 will be normally shown (www.mydomain/forum), and will be "generic", like dog food, dog health, etc, and the other 10 will be about different breeds, and want to have them each one in a different subdomain (like http://bulldog.mydomain), with bulldog photos, list of bulldog blogs, etc., a kind of "group" for lovers of that breed.

Also, below the generic forums, a list (like a cloud tag) of all the breeds and their forums.

So the main issue here is to know if I can publish a sub forum in another page/subdomain.

Thanx a lot for your help.

PC
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That would require multiple licenses as well as modifications to the code.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hitmancode47
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.8.x

With your current idea making 20 forums would not only be incredibly expensive but would be a nightmare to run and link around, not to mention the 20 databases you would have to use.

However,

I know of a way that probably wont be exactly what you want, but would be very similar to it, and only requires 1 license installation and 1 forum. - its something ive done in the past a couple of times.

You will have to PM me though if you want to know how its done, as its quite a complex answer and requires quite some explaining.
      Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• horseguards
        • Jul 2009

hi hitman,

i can't find how to PM. Could you be so kind as to write to me to [email protected]?

regards

Comment

• hitmancode47
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

Sure, its like 2AM here so ill write it tomorrow when i wake up.
          Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...