vBulletin Suite vs. vBulletin, difference in price?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Eagle Creek
    This threat isn't to criticise vBulletin but I just want to know what happens. I've already bought a owned license and the blog and the project tools. I wouldn't be happy if I would have to buy it all over again to get the vB-suite.
    You don't have to buy it all over again. In fact, since you maintain an active license, you will get a discount on the upgrade price (for the upgrade to vB 4).

I wonder if people like you, who have all of the add-ons, will get an even further discounted price. That would be very nice if it worked that way.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

• MRGTB
      • May 2005

And what will that discount be?

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
        And what will that discount be?
        Nobody knows yet.

For some people, we intend to upgrade to vB 4 no matter what, so we might as well keep our licenses active and get the discount even though we don't know what it is.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

• MRGTB
          • May 2005

Like you say, "for some people". If only everybody had your faith in things, which we don't. Hence why we wait and feel it's the best and safest thing to do right now.

I don't buy food off the shelf Nick in a supermarket, without knowing what I'm paying for it as I pick it up. Otherwise I may go to the checkout paying a dam site more than I thought.

Comment

• Nick
            • Feb 2008
            • 3.8.x

I don't buy food off the shelf Nick in a supermarket, without knowing what I'm paying for it as I pick it up. Otherwise I may go to the checkout paying a dam site more than I thought.
            But in the end, you end up buying the food anyways, don't you? Everybody needs food... Or do you instantly grow some food crops in your backyard?

Regardless, the point is that we know we are getting a discount if we have an active license. That is enough information to help many customers make the decision to renew their license.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Nick
              But in the end, you end up buying the food anyways, don't you? Everybody needs food... Or do you instantly grow some food crops in your backyard?

Regardless, the point is that we know we are getting a discount if we have an active license. That is enough information to help many customers make the decision to renew their license.
              No, wrong again! If I know the same things are cheaper across the road at another supermarket. Or if they are offering a better deal like "2 for the price of 1". I will get those items from there (no need to grow anything) . I don't believe in throwing money down the drain - when I don't have too. And I would most certainly not shop anywhere that doesn't display prices on items. So I know what I'm paying and getting for my money.

So we are getting a discount. Have you ever walked into a car showroom and they say: "We are offering a £1000 discount on this car". Then when you see the full price of the car, all they have done is added that discount onto the price. Food for thought Nick!

But then we don't know the full price to even work that one out, now do we Nick. And until we do that "discount" means nothing, and could quite easily be factored into the full price you pay. You should think about that before posting your next 100th post asking people to renew.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 7 Aug '09, 6:50am.

Comment

• nexialys
                • May 2004
                • 1.1.x

President's Choice guys, PC...

even their logo suggest to change our supermarket if the price is better with PC...

same for vB... wait for the price though... rumors never feed anybody.
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

And as a side note Nick, for quite a while now you've been "punting here" that customers should renew their licences at every opportunity given to you. You even started a new thread on it, and also had some members in another thread highlight what you keep doing! But still you continue with it!!

Keep in mind here Nick, that we are talking about other peoples money here (not yours). And because of that fact, you should not be advising that any members do anything (full stop). How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.

Bottom line here Nick, spend your own money. But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming, or pretty much of anything else. It isn't you place, nor your job to keep punting to members they should renew. They can make that decision themselves without your advice.
                  Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 7 Aug '09, 7:12am.

Comment

• JakeS
                    • Jul 2005

Well I don't have to renew (it's currently active till next year)

However, if it was me, I'd want to know details FIRST before doing anything.

This discount... yes it may be a discount..

How do you know it's not a discount of 0.1%? Doesn't drop the price much does it?

Although saying "I'll switch to a competitor product just because of this price up" is rediculous on some peoples behalf.

I was looking at IPB's priceing, and the way it's done and what they offer..

First word that came to mind: Ripoff.

I would not switch to IPB even if I had no choice.

I'm not worried about pricing to much. I'm more worried about what that includes.

Although it's now confirmed I wasted my money when I purchased tools and blog :-)

Comment

• Nick
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 3.8.x

And as a side note Nick, for quite a while now you've been "punting here" that customers should renew their licences at every opportunity given to you. You even started a new thread on it, and also had some members in another thread highlight what you keep doing! But still you continue with it!!

Keep in mind here Nick, that we are talking about other peoples money here (not yours). And because of that fact, you should not be advising that any members do anything (full stop). How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.

Bottom line here Nick, spend your own money. But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming, or pretty much of anything else. It isn't you place, nor your job to keep punting to members they should renew. They can make that decision themselves without your advice.
                      I don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand: It's not MY advice, and it isn't MY recommendation. It came straight from Ray's mouth (so to speak). You've seen it a billion times by now, but just in case you forgot, here it is again:

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
                      I would recommend keeping licenses current, as there will be special discounts and incentives especially for current license holders.
                      How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released, they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.
                      It's not my advice, and it isn't me they should be listening to. It's Ray's advice, and it is his word they would be taking.

The only reason I always mention the fact that there will be discounts if you maintain an active license is because every time somebody (who isn't up-to-speed with what is going on around here) comes here asking a question and everybody instantly tries to corrupt them and turn them against IB... this is just adding fuel to the fire.
                      There has been very little factual information given out by IB (Ray, specifically) and with that came the discount information, but people don't seem to remember it. They take it for granted yet continue to cry that IB isn't giving up any information.

You can see some more of my thoughts here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...23#post1768323
                      Originally posted by Nick
                      Additionally, people are complaining that IB isn't divulging any information or making any announcements -- which is true, and these are understandable concerns. But, like in this case, when some information is given, people take it for granted and find reasons to jump on it and turn it into a fighting point. Shouldn't you be appreciative that Ray even shared that bit of information?
                      His recommendation has helped many people I'm sure, to make a decision as to whether or not they should renew their licenses that expire soon.
                      Bottom line Nick, spend your own money . But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming.
                      Again, I'm simply spreading Ray's word in order to help uninformed customers to make informed decisions and helping them make their way through the corruption put out by you and several others who despise IB no matter what they do.
                      Regards,
                      Nick

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Nick, please try and get your head around the fact you should not be advising any members to do anything with (their money). It's not yours to spend!

You can quote all you want, the botom line is (show me a price list).

Comment

• nexialys
                          • May 2004
                          • 1.1.x

Hum, actually MRGTB, just do what you preach please, you say to Nick to shut up because he does not know the final of the situation... you don't, either... so why continuing this discussion?... you have assumptions in hands, Nick too... in both sides none have the final answer, and both are suggesting the opposite to the guy who know nothing of your experience, and he does not have to read all your grievances that are not justified in any situation...
                          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• Nick
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Nick, please try and get your head around the fact you should not be advising any members to do anything with (their money).
                            I'm not; Ray is.

Simple as that.
                            Regards,
                            Nick

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Nick, you've been doing it for a month or more now. Do you want me to embarrass you by digging-up every thread and post were you advice members to renew. It will be a very long reply mind you! Because you've made a lot of posts now advising them.

Comment

• Dilly
                                • Mar 2005

Nick's post history is far less embarrassing than your own...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...