• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bojomojo
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.7.x

from v3 to v4

Hello,
    I was about to purchase a vb license, when some one told me that when v4 is out, we will be required to buy new licenses, is that correct?
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bojomojo
    Hello,
    I was about to purchase a vb license, when some one told me that when v4 is out, we will be required to buy new licenses, is that correct?
    Nothing has been announced.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• bojomojo
      • Jun 2008
      • 3.7.x

I am just too suspicious, no offence, but I will wait for a staff member to say that

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Nothing has been announced.

Comment

• maplr4ever
          • Jun 2009
          • 3.8.x

which is many of our problems. Announce something, and i swear there will be less discussion about this. (more bandwidth for you, less to worry, and everything will be just fine, unlses you really are charging for the upgrade.)

Comment

• Shinkaze
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

I have been holding off buying forum software for my new site pending this clarification. If I can buy 3 now and upgrade for free to 4 when it comes out next month, then I will do so, otherwise I will just sit tight for another month or install some other solution. A clarification would be helpful for those of us sitting on the fence waiting to see if we should buy now or not.

Comment

• Blackbook
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Shinkaze
              I have been holding off buying forum software for my new site pending this clarification. If I can buy 3 now and upgrade for free to 4 when it comes out next month, then I will do so, otherwise I will just sit tight for another month or install some other solution. A clarification would be helpful for those of us sitting on the fence waiting to see if we should buy now or not.
              You are not alone. Hundreds, if not thousands of us are still waiting for exactly the same thing. Its a joke huh? Here we are sitting here ready to spend money...and they're not interested.

Madness huh?
              It's an omen...

Comment

• aussiefooty
                • Nov 2008
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Blackbook
                You are not alone. Hundreds, if not thousands of us are still waiting for exactly the same thing. Its a joke huh? Here we are sitting here ready to spend money...and they're not interested.

Madness huh?
                I think that you and those thousands of people who are waiting, just like everyone of us who are patient, are being rather silly wanting the software to come out now when it's not ready. I don't think that any of us want to have something that has got bugs all the way through it.
                You need to be patient. I know it's hard if you don't like waiting. But it has to be done.
                You can go elsewhere if you wish to because you are totally impatient and want things now.
                I think that if you go around calling company's and what they do a joke, you had better be a little careful. They won't like you.

By all means you can read this forum and wait and see what happens. Or you can continue to go off your tree and lose the plot with the company.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                  • Sep 2001

Originally posted by bojomojo
                  Hello,
                  The current comments from the staff lead me to believe that their will be an additional charge above for vb4 when its released.

If I am incorrect in that statement, I welcome clarification and a definitive standpoint on how users in your situation will be treated.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• GHOwner
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 3.8.x

schwab2clarkson, as they said, they only wish to know pricing ideas of vb4, to plan if they should buy a license now or not. This isn't a complaint or debate about when vb4 will be released, but rather if a heavier expensive than just buying a license now, would result.

You keep thinking they want the product now with your analogies and what not, when they're only asking for pircing information of some kind (even if not the exact digits, just if our current licenses cover the upgrade or not). If they felt the leak was 100% true and are the final plans, there wouldn't be questions, right?

Comment

• Blackbook
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by GHOwner
                      schwab2clarkson, as they said, they only wish to know pricing ideas of vb4, to plan if they should buy a license now or not. This isn't a complaint or debate about when vb4 will be released, but rather if a heavier expensive than just buying a license now, would result.
                      Absolutely correct. I couldn't care WHEN vb4 comes out - I just dont want to throw money away. I'm willing to give them $60 to renew my license right now...If they can tell me and hold that it wont be a waste of money in 3/4 weeks time. It's really not that difficult to understand ... is it?!

The simple fact they haven't denied any of this kinda indicates that its true..and the fact they haven't reassured us kinda indicates that its going to cost everyone (even those with current licenses). so unless I hear otherwise, I shant be buying.

Do you understand? I'm not being 'impatient', I just dont like throwing money away.
                      It's an omen...

Comment

• Epiic
                        • Apr 2009

Owned license owners are entitled to one year of updates, I'm not sure if it includes major updates. (vB3 to vB4 for example.)

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                          • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Epiic
                          Owned license owners are entitled to one year of updates, I'm not sure if it includes major updates. (vB3 to vB4 for example.)
                          In the past it did (I went from vb2 to vb3 to 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 this way) however it feels like the licenses of existing owners will not be similarly honored when vb4 is released.

Again, I eagerly await official word from IB on what existing license holders can expect with the release of vb4.
                          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

More insulting posts removed. If this continues then this thread will be closed.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by GHOwner

You keep thinking they want the product now with your analogies and what not, when they're only asking for pircing information of some kind (even if not the exact digits, just if our current licenses cover the upgrade or not). If they felt the leak was 100% true and are the final plans, there wouldn't be questions, right?
                              Yeah but the problem is they haven't been set in concrete yet which is what everyone is waiting for.
                              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...