Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slatz
    • Jun 2009

need Video Support with vbulletin

I am thinking of purchasing vbulletin. Need this question answered before doing so.

I would like to use vbulletin as a video tutorial add on for my site. I know I can setup users and groups and have paid access and free etc... Problem is I don't know if you can embed video's in the posts of the forums. I ran across a plugin on this site but the plugin scans Amazon or youtube for url's and then embeds the video from those url's.

Problem is my video's were created by me and they live on my server not amazon or youtube. Will the addon scan any url? local or otherwise and embed the video.

If I could get that questioned answered I would know what I am up against. Anyone know?

Thanks
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Since this requires a mod, you should ask this at vbulletin.org.

However: Look at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189267 - this handles custom definitions. How to do that you'll have to ask in this thread (or find out yourself).

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

It is trivially easy to add a YouTube bbCode to vBulletin. It does not require code modifications.

Comment

• harmor
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by feldon23
        It is trivially easy to add a YouTube bbCode to vBulletin. It does not require code modifications.
        The problem with that is that he would need to make a YouTube account for his free videos and another for is paid videos.

Comment

• thincom2000
          • Mar 2007

A little over a year ago we developed a video player integration between Flowplayer and vBulletin at our site. So far the videos seem to be pretty secure (see http://www.crackedeggstudios.com/vau...ng+vs.+Roboman).

This was an in-house modification, and we don't have any plans at the current time to release something like this over at vbulletin.org (not exactly sure how the licensing would work between the products). But as you can see, a lot of things are possible with vBulletin and a little know-how, so I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a basic mod for your own needs.
          - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment