Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did vBulletin4 Beta get released?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did vBulletin4 Beta get released?

    I am deciding if to buy another vB license for a new clients site or go for IPB but I wanted to know if the beta version of vBulletin4 got released on time (it was supposed to be by end of Q2).

    The forum will be for a client and I am really having problems stalling them, I keep telling them that vB4 will be good if they just hang on but I cant give them any solid info on when it will be out.

    Also is there any news on when vB4 will be available? It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on the forum!

  • #2
    got released = past tense.

    No, it's not out.

    Q2 ends last day of June. They said they were aiming for a beta. This could be around the end of Q2 (earlier or later), and secondly, it could mean a public or private beta.

    If it is a client, I strongly recommend to not gamble on the future, and just work on the source code you can download,.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well,

      The last official annoucement said that it would be released in the next three weeks roughly. As for me, I wouldn't invest in the current version a lot of resources, I'd wait and see.

      Comment


      • #4
        The developers are still working hard to get the first release of vBulletin 4.0 out before the end of the second quarter. However there has been no release yet and we cannot guarantee that it will be available to all customers when it is released.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          However there has been no release yet and we cannot guarantee that it will be available to all customers when it is released.
          Could you clarify that statement perhaps? I'm not sure, why would some customers have it available and others would not? Thanks in advance.

          Comment


          • #6
            The first test release of a new product could have serious issues. It would not be in our customer's best interest to just allow anyone to download this new software and install it. Especially since many of them are not technical and wouldn't know how to recover.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

            Comment


            • #7
              That's what I thought you ment, but I figured I'd ask. Thanks for the reply.

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope that I would be having a share in the first experiment at the time of issuance

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the replies.
                  I think it will have to be IPB for my new clients forum.
                  I cant afford to set up a forum with a complex custom skin, on v3.8.2 , if I then have to make some drastic changes at some unknown date in the near future.
                  I cant tell the new client to wait until vB4 is released because no one knows when that date will be.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    The first test release of a new product could have serious issues. It would not be in our customer's best interest to just allow anyone to download this new software and install it. Especially since many of them are not technical and wouldn't know how to recover.
                    Thats fair enough, but....

                    How do you know who is "technical" and who isnt? I for one would like to test out the beta on my local server but I am not quite as "active" on this board as others. Surly, if others are permitted to try it out then we all are?

                    Can you not place each download with a "we are not liable", "install at your own risk" statement? Alot of people on here, including myself, have been patiently waiting for the beta. Please, at least give us the option.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      The first test release of a new product could have serious issues. It would not be in our customer's best interest to just allow anyone to download this new software and install it. Especially since many of them are not technical and wouldn't know how to recover.
                      Hi do you have a closed beta, as I would love to test this out on my lab server when it becomes available.

                      G.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How important is it for the client to have version 4 over version 3?

                        What is so wrong for the client to have version 3 with the theme?

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X