Is it possible to 'transform' a leased into a owned licence after 1 year has passed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vithorius
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

Is it possible to 'transform' a leased into a owned licence after 1 year has passed?

Hi everybody!

I am thinking of acquiring a vbulletin licence, but would like to know if I could do this:

Is it possible to buy the one year leased license and then, when one year has passed, buy the owned licence?

Does Jelsoft has any kind of discount when the buyer wants to transform a leased into owned licence?

I mean, it would not be necessary to pay the full owned license on the first year... Rather I would pay the 80 Euros for the leased license on the first year, and then, after one year has passed, I would pay the remaining value to transform a leased into a owned license...

Is that possible?

Any advice would greatly help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by vithorius; Wed 20 May '09, 1:32am. Reason: Correcting orthographic errors!
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by vithorius
    Is it possible to buy the one year leased licence and then, when one year has passed, buy the owned licence?

Does Jelsoft has any kind of discount when the buyer wants to transform a leased into owned licence?
    Yes and No.

A lease is good for 1 year and that's it.
    You can convert your lease to a owned if you do it within x days.
    Don't recall how many days.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• disenioweb
      • May 2005

You can convert your lease to a owned if you do it within x days.
      Don't recall how many days.

within 60 days after purchase the leased license. If you pay after 60 days of leased date purchase, you have to pay the full owned license cost

Comment

• vithorius
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.6.x

So, by this, you mean I will only have 60 days after I purchased the leased license in order to convert it into owned?

I don't recall, but I guess I've read somewhere on the internet that Jelsoft would give you a "second chance" when the time is getting close to the end of the first year and pay the difference in order to convert the license into owned... (which makes sense for me!)

Is this correct?

Comment

• disenioweb
          • May 2005

Can I Upgrade a Leased License to Owned?

You can upgrade from a leased to an owned license for an additional $100 if you do so within 60 days of the purchase. After 60 days, it is full price.

If you are a current customer and it's within the 60 days, the 'Leased License Upgrade Offer' is available when you click on the 'Upgrade/Renew' link under License Options in the Members Area.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You can convert your leased licensed to an owned license at any time. Click the upgrade / renew link to the right of your license information in the member's area.

If you convert within the first 60 days, the cost is $100 (US). After 60 days it is $180 (US).
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• vithorius
              • Mar 2008
              • 3.6.x

Ok! Thank you all so very much!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...