Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knikio
    • Dec 2008

I've just bought vBulletin and I have some questions

Well, as the title says, I've just purchased vBulletin license [the one that costs 180 USD].

I got some questions regarding the license:
    • Can I use this license indefinitely? in the obtainment page it says I can run this indefinitely, but email says " vBulletin (Owned License); expires: May 09th '10", so...?
    • I want to install this once to configure this, then uninstall it and then install it again on the same machine, is that allowed? or I can install vBulletin only once?
    • Can I install it on multiple machines?

Thanks from advance
    Unofficial Hebrew Translation
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

With an owned license (and any official add-ons) you can run the software forever - that doesn't end. The listed expiration is for your access to the download new versions from the Members Area. You get one year of free upgrades with your license.

After this you can renew access to new versions for $40 if done before and up to 60 days after the 'expiry' date. After that period the renewal is $60. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like.

You will continue to have download access for any versions released while your license was active.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Your license grants you permission to run one instance.

You can change hosting, you can change the domain where you run it, you can uninstall it and re-install it many times, you can move the forum to a new web site, etc.

But you can only run one instance.

If you install it, use it, and do another install, and have 2 boards or more running, you break the license agreement. You would have to get new licenses for each new instance you're running.

Comment

• knikio
        • Dec 2008

Thank you Floris

I got another question =P

In the edit license page I have to enter my forum's URL, right now I don't have an official URL, so I'm probably going to use something like XX.XXX.XXX.XX, Is it possible to edit this URL later?

So for the silly questions, I just don't want to make up mistakes and ruin my license... xP
        Unofficial Hebrew Translation

Comment

• Nick
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by knikio
          Thank you Floris

I got another question =P

In the edit license page I have to enter my forum's URL, right now I don't have an official URL, so I'm probably going to use something like XX.XXX.XXX.XX, Is it possible to edit this URL later?

So for the silly questions, I just don't want to make up mistakes and ruin my license... xP
          Yes, you can edit the URL associated with the license at any time.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...