Is it possible use a Owned License twice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InF3RNo
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.8.x

Is it possible use a Owned License twice?

Greetings, I bought a owned licence (125£) since some time, and I'd like to know if I could use it twice, one at http://clanheroes.es and again at http://inf3rnales.com

Both are my sites and I don't use them to get any money, they're free (blog like) sites. Am I allowed to add the vBulletin to InF3RNaLeS or that's illegal?

Thanks!
  • Carnage-
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.8.x

Each license can be used for ONE installation. So, in short, no you can't.

If you want two forums, you need two licenses
    Some of my Mods:
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
    Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
    Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• InF3RNo
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.8.x

Ok, thanks for the info!

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Just to confirm, and as per EULA, each license grants you permission to run one instance. Not two or more. Sorry.

Comment

• j883376
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

But you can use the same installation and have it accessible from multiple domains, as long as the forum's content looks the same and uses the same database on both domains.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by j883376
            But you can use the same installation and have it accessible from multiple domains, as long as the forum's content looks the same and uses the same database on both domains.
            That is still 1 instance. If you go to domain 1 and it doesn't look like domain 2, then Jelsoft considers this to be 2 instances, and sends a DMCA to inform the user to a) stop, or b) get a second license.

domain1 can be an alias/forward/redirect to the main domain2, yes.

Comment

• Freewilley
              • Jan 2009
              • 3.7.x

alias/forward/redirect to the main domain2
              ya please make sure its one of those.. there was some dispute before with the same problem.
              techno2day

Comment

• j883376
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
                That is still 1 instance. If you go to domain 1 and it doesn't look like domain 2, then Jelsoft considers this to be 2 instances, and sends a DMCA to inform the user to a) stop, or b) get a second license.

domain1 can be an alias/forward/redirect to the main domain2, yes.
                Correct. I was just letting the OP know this so that he/she could keep the option of creating 1 forum with 2 main categories in it, one for each forum. This would be a cheaper way of having 2 forums without violating the license agreement since it's one forum with two categories. As long as he/she doesn't try to make them look different from each domain.

Comment

• hosting-talk
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2003
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Floris
                  Even if it DOES look like the domain, just with the wrong ext, you'll get one of these friendly notices, despite the forum being the same, looking the same, shut off (due to testing upgrades and functionality), so your best bet is to just park domain 2 on top of domain 1.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...