Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nl144039
    • Apr 2009

Developer machines

We are a developer team and we are going to buid a public forum. We are evaluting tools. My question is about developer machines and licensing. We'll need one license because the forum will be in only one web site but what's about the licenses in the machines? We are working in localhost, we are beginners. Is necessary a license for localhost in each machine?
    Thanks.-
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain with one set of vB database tables. As an example, our support forums are all under one license:

As per the license agreement:

"vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."

You can view the license agreement here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nl144039
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Each license is good for one installation of vBulletin, i.e., one set of vB files on one domain with one set of vB database tables. As an example, our support forums are all under one license:

As per the license agreement:

"vBulletin license grants you the right to run one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one web site for each license purchased. Each license may power one instance of the Software on one domain. For each installed instance of the Software, a separate license is required. Modifications to the software or database to circumvent the one-license-one-board rule are prohibited."

You can view the license agreement here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
      I'm sorry but I don't understand. At first I havenĀ“t domain, I want to install it in my machine offline. I suppose I'll need certain time to create the forum, after that can I translate the license to the public internet domain? Now I don't know the domain...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That's fine as long as you are only running one copy of vB at a time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...