Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IMarketer
    • Mar 2009

Growing forum?

For membership sites how do I get the forum to grow?

IE: Each month a customer pays a new forum section becomes visible.

Just like ppc-coach.com

I want to build a similar membership site and need to figure this out before buying amember and vb.
  • kentaurus
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can.. sort of .. do this. vBulletin lets you promote users after paying a fee, it's called "subscriptions", this means that after the user pays a certain amount (via paypal), it get promoted to a new usergroup. That new usergroup has access to the new forum.

This way, you can have basic forums for everyone to see, and premium forums that can only be seen by certain members. You can then next month setup a new subscription and create the new forum that will be created for the premium members of that month, or any setup that you want.

It is certainly possible to tweak the functionality and come very close to what you can.

You can view the documentation for paid subscriptions here:
    Last edited by peterska2; Thu 26 Mar '09, 7:00am.
    CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
    CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

• IMarketer
      • Mar 2009

Thanks kentaurus,

That's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I can see I'll need to hire a programmer to create this mod since I want it fully automated with amember as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...