does converting from phpBB to vbulletin leave any old files left over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • infexious
    • Aug 2005

does converting from phpBB to vbulletin leave any old files left over?

if i ran the IMPEX software included with vb to convert my phpBB forum to vbulletin would it completely alter the directory so that it was if phpBB never existed or would it leave the odd database table and the odd php file laying around here and there ?

thanks
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Your phpBB would not be touched.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• infexious
      • Aug 2005

i understand, so it would read from the database and create a new installation of vbulletin containing all the data from the phpbb install ?

Are attachments converted over ??

Further, can i specify what i would like transferred? i.e users, posts, boards etc and mix and match what i want to take and what i will start afresh ?

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

Yes, exactly, it reads the data and inserts it into the vBulletin database.

Attachments are imported as well.

You can import selectively up to a certain degree - different items are different modules that can be run or skipped. Some modules are dependent on others though.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

• infexious
          • Aug 2005

ok that actually a better answer than i was looking for, however it opens up another round of questions.

my forums live at domain.tld/go ... this is how my regular visitors remember them so they dont go to domain.tld then find the forum link and click it, they just type /go to go straight there.

Is vbulletin capable of having its path and address changed? i would need to install it to /test or something then once i have deleted the old forum then rename /test to /go

this wont cause problems providing i 'go by the book' ??

Comment

• Colin F
            • May 2004

Moving the forum is not a problem, it's a matter of moving the files and adjusting a setting.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...